ABA Support Worker
Dimensions ABA Services support children and young adults with autism and Asperger’s Syndrome to develop life skills and independence.
We are looking for Full-time, Part-time and Relief staff to join our team in Islington & Barnet.
Knowledge and experience related to Autism and Positive Behaviour Support is preferred, however full training will be provided for the successful candidate. The people we support are at the centre of everything we do and we’re looking for dedicated, reliable, hard-working individuals who really do want to make a difference to peoples’ lives.
The Dimensions ABA Services provision currently operates across north London. You could be supporting both within the home of the people we support and with access to the community. As part of a team you may be required to work mornings, evenings and weekends. Your ability to be flexible and support your colleagues when needed is vital.
A typical community based day could involve helping to develop further the people we supports interest in areas such as fitness, music, horse riding, using public transport, bike riding, trampoline, hiking, cinema trips, swimming, and then there’s also always time for a visit to the local shops. We promote inclusion for the person we are supporting in order to help further foster their place within the local and greater community.
Currently three of the services where we provide support also operate with a sleep-in shift with pay rate of £50.
Candidates who hold a Full, clean UK Driving License with all of the above attributes are very much sought after.
About Dimensions ABA
Our approach to support is specific to the individual. Working with them to determine their hopes, dreams, aspirations and goals for their future. Putting the client’s needs first is imperative to development, progression, independence and empowerment. Closely involving family members, health professionals and key people involved in the young person’s life enables us to deliver the personalised care service required to meet the needs of the individual.
Due to the personalised nature of the support we provide, some clients respond more positively to specific approaches, especially when forming new relationships, acclimatiing to unfamiliar environments and learning new skills.
The successful candidate would desirably possess/be interested in the following;
- Confidence whilst remaining humble, promoting inclusion at varying levels of ability in differing situations
- To be genuine, honest and endearing towards the client’s more sensitive needs
- Always be respectful of the client’s wishes whilst up-holding and rewarding socially acceptable behaviour
- As part of a team you may be required to work evenings and weekends. Your ability to be flexible and support your colleagues when needed is vital
- Having the initiative to research, be creative and introduce new ideas/places
- Supporting people with their personal and intimate care as required. This includes supporting people to use the toilet, feed and dress themselves etc. Maintaining the individual’s dignity during these situations is imperative
- Keeping written records, using IT systems as required to help you, including support plans, financial info and health and safety records
In return for your hard work and dedication, we offer a sector leading benefits package, more details can be found in the Careers section of our website www.dimensions-uk.org/careers
The attached job description, person specification and additional information will provide you with lots of information on the role and Dimensions. To apply it couldn’t be simpler - just click on the button below to complete the application process.
Or If you have any questions and would like to discuss the role in more detail, please email David Brum on email@example.com
- Dimensions/ABA Services are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the people we support
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions. The organisation simply wants everyone to be fairly considered, based on merit, before all checks and risk assessments are made, so don’t be put off, apply and complete the relevant sections and discuss your personal situation confidentially at interview with the hiring manager. The information disclosed will be treated in confidence.
- Candidates will be required to provide evidence of their identity and eligibility to work in the UK.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- •Support Worker