Assistant Locality Manager
Do you have experience of working with people with a wide range of needs? Do you have the commitment and potential to take the first step on the management ladder, with one of the UK’s largest not-for-profit providers? Dimensions has a 20-year track record of offering excellent training and progression to ambitious, hardworking care professionals who want to build a progressive career making a positive difference to the lives of vulnerable people.
If you share our values this is a superb opportunity to join us as an Assistant Locality Manager, providing day-to-day support to your Locality Manager, gaining expertise and experience both within the office and across a number of services. Due to the nature of this role having a full UK/EU driving license and your own vehicle is essential.
About the role
This is your opportunity to build your skills and expertise:
- Supporting the Locality Manager to guide, motivate and encourage your team to provide a quality service in line with our values, policies and practices.
- Working with relatives and outside agencies - including health professionals, social workers and advocates - to meet the needs of the people we support.
- Establishing and monitoring service budgets.
- Managing person-centred rota's and the recruitment of new team members.
- Leading by example and being a positive role model for your team.
- Delivering direct support, dividing your time between supporting people and working in the office.
You already have proven professional qualities, including:
- Experience of working with people with a wide range of needs - for example, autism and complex learning disabilities
- The ability to prioritise workload, manage your own time, delegate tasks and meet deadlines.
- Up-to-date knowledge of the personalisation agenda and Active Support provision.
- The personality to develop positive working relationships across Dimensions – including the people we support, their families, internal colleagues and external agencies.
- The willingness to work towards a Diploma Level 3 in Health and Social Care/Leadership and Management for Care Services.
In return for your hard work and dedication, we offer ongoing development opportunities and the strongest possible prospects, plus a range of great benefits including:
- Up to 35 days’ annual leave entitlement(including bank holidays)
- Staff discount shopping scheme ‘Rewarding Dimensions’
- Childcare Vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension scheme
- Long Service Awards
- Qualification scheme
- Employee recognition scheme 'Inspiring People'
- Discounted health and dental cover
- Life Assurance
- Bike to Work Scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
For more information visitwww.dimensions-uk.org/careers
The Dimensions approach to support
Our unique “Activate” approach puts decision making closer to the people we support. It sets personalised and challenging goals with them, their families and you - by teaching new skills and enabling people to try new experiences.
Research has proven that this progressive model is the best way to deliver measurable improvements in the quality of life for people - and you and your colleagues in their support teams. It achieves an increase in active support and meaningful activity for people, a reduction in challenging behaviour - and an increase in your own satisfaction, with over 60% of our employees reporting that the 'Activate’ model has increased the quality of their working life.
Simply put, our ‘Activate’ approach offers everyone a better working life, with the satisfaction that they’ve changed someone’s life for the better, in a role where they can be the best that they can be.
If you think this is the right environment and working culture for you, come and make a positive difference to people’s lives - and your own career.
If this sounds like the career opportunity and working culture for you, we’d love to hear from you. Please read the attached documents, which provide additional information about the role - and click on the button below to complete the application process.
If you have any questions or would like to discuss the role in more detail, please call Andrea Campone on 07770862204
- Dimensions are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the people we support
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions. The organisation simply wants everyone to be fairly considered, based on merit, before all checks and risk assessments are made, so don’t be put off, apply and complete the relevant sections and discuss your personal situation confidentially at interview with the hiring manager. The information disclosed will be treated in confidence.
- Candidates will be required to provide evidence of their identity and eligibility to work in the UK
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- •Managerial Roles