Dimensions is one of the largest providers of support to people with learning disabilities and autism spectrum conditions in the UK. We support people with a variety of needs, including people who engage in behaviours that challenge.
We are looking for someone to join our well-established, sixteen-strong team of behaviour consultants.
Your role will be to develop and deliver Positive Behaviour Support services for people with learning disabilities and autism spectrum conditions, with a particular emphasis on teaching new skills using Applied Behaviour Analytic methods.
You will be based in the County of Somerset delivering services as part of our Discovery team of behaviour consultants.
About the role
- The post attracts a salary of £32,500 (if non-BCBA) or £37,000 (BCBA).
- You will report to Helen Crosby, Senior Behaviour Consultant and to Nick Barratt, Head of Behaviour Support.
The successful applicant will have:
- Masters level qualification in Applied Behaviour Analysis or Positive Behaviour Support
- Experience of carrying out functional behaviour assessments and delivering ABA and PBS interventions for people with a learning disability and autism spectrum condition whose behaviour can be described as challenging
- Experience of working clinically with adults
- Free BCBA or BCaBA supervision
- External clinical supervision from two leaders in the field of learning disability , autism and behaviour analysis
- Funded conference at the main events , such as bi -annual EABG Conference and the UK-SBA Speakers' Series
- Opportunities for ongoing professional development ,such as OBM Certificate
- Up to 35 days’ annual leave entitlement (including bank holidays)
- Staff discount shopping scheme ‘Rewarding Dimensions’
- Childcare Vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension scheme
- Long Service Awards
- Qualification scheme
- Employee recognition scheme 'Inspiring People'
- Discounted health and dental cover
- Life Assurance
- Bike to Work Scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
For more information visit www.dimensions-uk.org/careers
The attached job description and person specification will provide you with lots of information on the role and Dimensions. To apply it couldn’t be simpler - just click on the button below to complete the application process.
Or If you have any questions and would like to discuss the role in more detail, please call Helen Crosby on 07554 115818.
- Dimensions are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the people we support
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions. The organisation simply wants everyone to be fairly considered, based on merit, before all checks and risk assessments are made, so don’t be put off, apply and complete the relevant sections and discuss your personal situation confidentially at interview with the hiring manager. The information disclosed will be treated in confidence.
- Candidates will be required to provide evidence of their identity and eligibility to work in the UK
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- •Office Based Roles