Dimensions is one of the largest providers of support to people with learning disabilities and autism spectrum conditions in the UK. We support people with a variety of needs, including people who engage in behaviours that challenge.
We now have the opportunity to take our positive behaviour support service in a new direction, and are looking to appoint a Behaviour Consultant whose focus will be on meeting the behaviour support needs of people with a learning disability and significant challenging behaviour as they transition to a specific community setting.
In addition to the usual requirements of such a role (e.g., a behaviour analytic approach to assessment, intervention, training and implementation), and in line with the Transforming Care agenda, there will be an emphasis on service design, crisis prevention, and the avoidance of hospital admissions. This is a fantastic opportunity for a practitioner who would like to use behaviour analytic strategies at the level of both the individual and the service.
You will be based at our new service in Ealing, however the role will require some travel.
You will be based in the County of Somerset delivering services as part of our Discovery team of behaviour consultants.
The post attracts a salary of £32,500 (if non-BCBA) or £37,000 (BCBA).
The successful applicant will have:
- Masters level qualification in Applied Behaviour Analysis or Positive Behaviour Support
- Experience of carrying out functional behaviour assessments and delivering ABA and PBS interventions for people with a learning disability and autism spectrum condition whose behaviour can be described as challenging
- Experience of working clinically with adults
- Free BCBA or BCaBA supervision
- External clinical supervision from two leaders in the field of learning disability , autism and behaviour analysis
- Funded conference at the main events , such as bi -annual EABG Conference and the UK-SBA Speakers' Series
- Opportunities for ongoing professional development
- Up to 35 days’ annual leave entitlement (including bank holidays)
- Staff discount shopping scheme ‘Rewarding Dimensions’
- Childcare Vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension scheme
- Long Service Awards
- Qualification scheme
- Employee recognition scheme 'Inspiring People'
- Discounted health and dental cover
- Life Assurance
- Bike to Work Scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
For more information visit www.dimensions-uk.org/careers
The attached job description and person specification will provide you with lots of information on the role and Dimensions. To apply it couldn’t be simpler - just click on the button below to complete the application process.
Or If you have any questions and would like to discuss the role in more detail, please call Nick Barratt on 07554 115822.
- Dimensions are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the people we support
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions. The organisation simply wants everyone to be fairly considered, based on merit, before all checks and risk assessments are made, so don’t be put off, apply and complete the relevant sections and discuss your personal situation confidentially at interview with the hiring manager. The information disclosed will be treated in confidence.
- Candidates will be required to provide evidence of their identity and eligibility to work in the UK
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- •Office Based Roles