Female Sleep In Relief Support Worker
Enjoy a flexible working life, making a positive difference to the lives of the people you support. Join our team of Relief Support Workers, fitting your working hours around your other life and family commitments.
Dimensions are currently recruiting for our new female sleep in relief support worker positions within our services in Shropshire - Market Drayton, Minsterley and Shrewsbury. The support needs for each service varies with the people we support requiring personal care, support with medication and support accessing the community they live in.
In this role you will be required to work sleep in shifts, usually between 22:00 and 07:00, where you will be lone working but you can also work other shifts if you desire as our relief contracts offer flexibility for you to let us know the hours you are available to work and is a great step into the healthcare sector whilst working around other commitments.
The role offers exciting opportunities and Dimensions thrive on supporting employees through career progression and training opportunities, where full training will be provided. We also offer a great range of staff benefits including pensions schemes, driving lessons, cycle to work, shopping discount scheme, healthcare plans and recommend a friend where you receive £200 when you recommend a friend to work for Dimensions
"Gender is considered to be a genuine occupational requirement in accordance with paragraph 1 of Schedule 9 of the Equality Act 2010."
The relief rate in Shropshire is £7.83, as a Relief Support Worker, your annual leave is accrued as you work and is included in your rate meaning you will be paid £8.78 per hour.
The Dimensions approach to support
Our unique “Activate” approach puts decision making closer to the people we support. It sets personalised and challenging goals with them, their families and you, their Support Worker - by teaching new skills and enabling people to try new experiences.
Research has proven that this progressive model is the best way to deliver measurable improvements in the quality of life for people - and you and your colleagues in their support teams. It achieves an increase in active support and meaningful activity for people, a reduction in challenging behaviour - and an increase in your own satisfaction, with over 60% of Support Workers reporting that the 'Activate’ model has increased the quality of their working life.
Simply put, our ‘Activate’ approach offers you a better working life, with the satisfaction that you’ve changed someone’s life for the better, in a role where you can be the best that you can be.
Sharing in our Values:
We pride ourselves on being a values based employer. That means we believe passionately in:
Ambition- helping people be the best they can be by:
- Setting personalised and challenging goals.
- Teaching new skills and encouraging new experiences.
Courage - being brave enough to make a difference, by:
- Challenging what you feel is not in the best interest of the person you are supporting.
- Championing what they want to achieve for themselves - and helping to make it happen.
- Helping the people we support to explore new things - and supporting them to realise what they can achieve.
- Giving confidence to people in reaching their goals and not being afraid of new challenges.
- Inspiring innovation and supporting the courage to be creative.
Integrity - being honest and fair in all the things we do, by:
- Communicating clearly - adapting what you say and how you say it, so that it’s meaningful for the person you’re supporting.
- Exercising confidentiality when dealing with vulnerable adults - for example, when managing financial and personal details.
Partnership - working with other people to make a bigger difference, by:
- Understanding the varying needs and requirements of people with disabilities.
- Developing positive working relationships with those involved in Dimensions – including those we support, their families and carers, your internal colleagues and external agencies.
- Working as part of a team.
Respect - treating everyone fairly and knowing that everyone’s voice is important, by:
- Sharing our commitment to Equal Opportunities for all.
- Treating all people with dignity and respect.
Those are the qualities that you’ll need to join the team - they’re beliefs shared by everyone who works with us.
If you think this is the right role for you, come and make a difference to people’s lives, every working day!
Apply to be a Relief Support Worker right now:
If being a Relief Support Worker sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you. Please read the attached job description and person specification. It then couldn’t be simpler - just click on the button below to complete the application process. Or If you have any questions and would like to discuss the role in more detail, please call Amy Nicholas on 07908470097
- Dimensions are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the people we support
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions. The organisation simply wants everyone to be fairly considered, based on merit, before all checks and risk assessments are made, so don’t be put off, apply and complete the relevant sections and discuss your personal situation confidentially at interview with the hiring manager. The information disclosed will be treated in confidence.
- Candidates will be required to provide evidence of their identity and eligibility to work in the UK.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- Support Worker