Female Support Worker
Start your day knowing you'll make a difference - join our team of Support Workers in Sheffield and create a positive difference that improves the life for the people we support.
Hi, my name is Simon and I'm supported by Dimensions. I live in the Sheffield area and now need Support Workers to join my team.
I am looking for female support workers who share common interests with me. I enjoy visiting the hair salon and having my hair cut and dyed! I really enjoy the Marvel films and the cartoons so this is important that we can talk about these when you are supporting me. I love to cook fresh meals with my support workers and I would like to do this by working as a team.
I really enjoy sharing my meals with my support workers so this would be something that you will need to be willing to do with me. I also enjoy going out for meals at pubs and restaurants and eating together and having a nice conversation about the things I enjoy.
I need my support workers to have a good sense of humour so please don’t be boring! I like to make people laugh and also I like a good joke!
I would like my support workers to be flexible and on time when supporting me, this is something which is really important to me!
It is important that you are neat and tidy and respect my home as it is my home. I would like my support worker to respect my "home rules" so only eating at the table and cleaning up after yourself. I like to keep my home tidy and I need support to do this. I like to work as a team when cleaning as I think this is only fair if we are both spending time in my home.
There is a separate bedroom for staff that are required to stay overnight and you will work as part of a team to work flexibly on a rota. The location is easily accessible by public transport.
It’s ok if my Support Worker doesn't like all my activities, as long as you are enthusiastic to support me to do it. You never know, you might find you enjoy it!
If you share Dimensions values you’ll have the opportunity to meet me as it’s important we’re a good match for each other.
It doesn’t matter if you haven’t worked as a Support Worker before, as Dimensions will give you paid accredited training throughout your career, plus bonus payments when you complete your qualifications - as well as a full induction, regular 1-2-1’s and annual appraisals to ensure you develop your professional skills, supporting me to live the life I choose.
"Gender is considered to be a genuine occupational requirement in accordance with paragraph 1 of Schedule 9 of the Equality Act 2010."
The Dimensions Approach to Support
Our unique “Activate” approach puts decision making closer to the people we support. It sets personalised and challenging goals with them, their families and you, their Support Worker - by teaching new skills and enabling people to try new experiences.
Research has proven that this progressive model is the best way to deliver measurable improvements in the quality of life for people - and you and your colleagues in their support teams. It achieves an increase in active support and meaningful activity for people, a reduction in challenging behaviour - and an increase in your own satisfaction, with over 60% of Support Workers reporting that the 'Activate’ model has increased the quality of their working life.
Simply put, our ‘Activate’ approach offers you a better working life, with the satisfaction that you’ve changed someone’s life for the better, in a role where you can be the best that you can be.
Sharing in our Values:
We pride ourselves on being a values based employer. That means we believe passionately in:
Ambition- helping people be the best they can be by:
- Setting personalised and challenging goals.
- Teaching new skills and encouraging new experiences.
Courage - being brave enough to make a difference, by:
- Challenging what you feel is not in the best interest of the person you are supporting.
- Championing what they want to achieve for themselves - and helping to make it happen.
- Helping the people we support to explore new things - and supporting them to realise what they can achieve.
- Giving confidence to people in reaching their goals and not being afraid of new challenges.
- Inspiring innovation and supporting the courage to be creative.
Integrity - being honest and fair in all the things we do, by:
- Communicating clearly - adapting what you say and how you say it, so that it’s meaningful for the person you’re supporting.
- Exercising confidentiality when dealing with vulnerable adults - for example, when managing financial and personal details.
Partnership - working with other people to make a bigger difference, by:
- Understanding the varying needs and requirements of people with disabilities.
- Developing positive working relationships with those involved in Dimensions – including those we support, their families and carers, your internal colleagues and external agencies.
- Working as part of a team.
Respect - treating everyone fairly and knowing that everyone’s voice is important, by:
- Sharing our commitment to Equal Opportunities for all.
- Treating all people with dignity and respect.
Those are the qualities that you’ll need to join the team - they’re beliefs shared by everyone who works with us.
If you think this is the right role for you, come and make a difference to people’s lives, every working day!
A full list of rewards can be found in the job description attached
If being a Support Worker sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you. The attached job description, person specification and additional information will provide you with lots of information on the role and Dimensions. To apply it couldn’t be simpler - just click on the button below to complete the application process.
Or If you have any questions and would like to discuss the role in more detail, please call Lauren Wilford on 07943713039.
- Dimensions are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the people we support .
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions
- Candidates will be required to provide evidence of their identity and eligibility to work in the UK.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- •OTE £4,156.88
- •Support Worker