Health Equalities Lead
Have you got energy, passion and have experience of paid support?
Support our aim of helping people have healthier lives. Be our Health Equalities Lead and make a positive difference for people with learning disabilities and/or autism.
A great opportunity to make a difference to people's lives by raising awareness of health care issues and sharing good practice for people with learning disabilities and/or autism.
You will be part of a passionate and friendly team that, together, want to make a difference.
Please find attached below the Easy Read Application for you to complete
You can also watch the following video to get a bit more information regarding the role.
About the role
Your main duties will include:
- Raise awareness of health inequalities for people with learning disabilities and/or autism both inside and external to Dimensions.
- Working with others in gathering and sharing best practice to improve health and health care for people with learning disabilities and/or autism.
- Working alongside our Health and Wellbeing Programme Manager.
- Raise awareness by presenting at local and national events.
- Keeping in touch with the experiences and views of people we support.
- Finding creative ways to communicate with a range of different people on the subject of health.
The successful applicant will have:
- Personal experience of having paid support.
- Personal experience of using health services.
- Personal experience of self-advocacy and/or campaigning for people’s rights.
- Ability to communicate in an engaging and effective way.
- A good listener that acknowledges others’ views and opinions.
- Excellent people skills that lead to working in partnership.
- Up to 35 days’ annual leave entitlement (including bank holidays)
- Staff discount shopping scheme ‘Rewarding Dimensions’
- Childcare Vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension scheme
- Long Service Awards
- Qualification scheme
- Employee recognition scheme 'Inspiring People'
- Discounted health and dental cover
- Life Assurance
- Bike to Work Scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
For more information visit www.dimensions-uk.org/careers
The attached job description and person specification will provide you with lots of information on the role and Dimensions. To apply it couldn’t be simpler - just click on the button below to complete the application process.
Or If you have any questions and would like to discuss the role in more detail, please call Paul Pargeter on 0720 040 550 or email email@example.com
- Dimensions are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the people we support
- Candidates will be required to provide evidence of their identity and eligibility to work in the UK
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employee
- •Specialist Support