A fantastic opportunity has become available within Dimensions for a field based HR Officer. As an HR Officer for our West Region you can be based from our offices in Worcester with the option of home working to provide expert support and advice to operational management in all areas of HR whilst consistently demonstrating HR best practice. The HR Officer will be the initial point of contact for all HR related queries both internal and external. The role will require travel across the West region, with a primary focus on the South West areas including: Gloucestershire, Bath and North East Somerset, Bristol, Oxfordshire and Wiltshire.You will also be required travel to other areas in Worcestershire & the Midlands. Industry experience and some exposure to TUPE would be a distinct advantage.
The post is full-time and applicants to hold a full UK driving license.
About the role
- Providing first level advice and guidance on HR policies and procedures, employment law and employee relations issues with the guidance of the Business Partner/Head of HR Business Partnering as required
- Involvement in employment relations case work and assisting in the preparation of employment tribunal cases
- Assisting with the preparations for disciplinary, grievance, absence management and performance improvement meetings and attendance at those meetings as appropriate
- Review sickness absence and undertake relevant interventions, including referrals to Occupational Health and advice to managers on phased return
- Involvement in TUPE transfers developing your experience and supporting HR Business Partners
- Assist with the creation and delivery of HR related training courses/workshops to managers on discipline and grievance, absence management, performance improvement and other HR related subjects
- Extensive travel across your designated region
- Work with other HR colleagues to ensure a consistent approach in HR advice and improve overall effectiveness of HR delivery across the business
- Work in partnership with the HR team to support the review, creation and implementation of HR policies and procedures
- Undertake other duties from time to time as required by the Human Resource Business Partner.
- It is essential you will have operational HR experience, supporting managers in all aspects of HR, in particular disciplinary, grievances, performance and absence management
- Qualified or working towards CIPD is desirable
- You must have sound knowledge of current employment legislation and ability to translate this into workplace practices, with good commercial awareness
- Awareness of people management issues affecting the social care sector
- Experience of managing own time and workload effectively, meeting targets and deadlines
- Ability to inform and empower/coach managers, identifying the required approach in any given situation
- Experience of creating and delivering training on HR related subjects would be desirable
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office, high level of accurate and ability to work as part of a team
- Experience of being involved in TUPE transfer.
- Up to 35 days’ annual leave entitlement (including bank holidays)
- Staff discount shopping scheme ‘Rewarding Dimensions’
- Childcare Vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension scheme
- Long Service Awards
- Qualification scheme
- Employee recognition scheme 'Inspiring People'
- Discounted health and dental cover
- Life Assurance
- Bike to Work Scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
For more information visit www.dimensions-uk.org/careers or contact Amie Clayton on 07860923438.
- •Office Based Roles