''I really enjoy working for Dimensions, I feel that staff are valued and morale is good between staff'' (quote from a colleague from the north region)
A fantastic opportunity has become available within Dimensions for a HR Officer to join our regional team. As an HR Officer for our North Region, based from our office in Darlington or Newcastle, the role is to provide expert support and advice to operational management in all areas of HR in order to contribute to the region being the best that we can be.
The HR Officer will be the initial point of contact for all HR related queries both internal and external. The role will require travel across the North region; Warrington, Sheffield and Wakefield.
This role will work alongside the HR Business Partner, to support the region to achieve progress towards the Dimensions' 5 year strategy and the regional business plan.
There is a degree of flexibility in terms of the hours of the role; both full time and part time hours will considered.
Please note: Interviews will be held on Friday 6th July 2018
About the role
- Providing first level advice and guidance on HR policies and procedures, employment law and employee relations issues with the guidance of the Business Partner/Head of HR Business Partnering as required
- Involvement in employment relations case work and assisting in the preparation of employment tribunal cases
- Assisting with the preparations for disciplinary, grievance, absence management and performance improvement meetings and attendance at those meetings as appropriate
- Review sickness absence and undertake relevant interventions, including referrals to Occupational Health and advice to managers on phased return
- Involvement in TUPE transfers developing your experience and supporting HR Business Partners
- Assist with the creation and delivery of HR related training courses/workshops to managers on discipline and grievance, absence management, performance improvement and other HR related subjects
- Regular travel across your designated region
- Work with other HR colleagues to ensure a consistent approach in HR advice and improve overall effectiveness of HR delivery across the business
- Work in partnership with the HR team to support the review, creation and implementation of HR policies and procedures
- Undertake other duties from time to time as required by the Human Resource Business Partner.
- It is essential you will have operational HR experience, supporting managers in all aspects of HR, in particular disciplinary, grievances, performance and absence management
- You must have sound knowledge of current employment legislation and ability to translate this into workplace practices, with good commercial awareness
- Awareness of people management issues affecting the social care sector
- Experience of managing own time and workload effectively, meeting targets and deadlines
- You will have the ability to work without close supervision yet able to judge when advice and support is required
- Ability to inform and empower/coach managers, identifying the required approach in any given situation
- Qualified or working towards CIPD is desirable
- Experience of creating and delivering training on HR related subjects would be desirable
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office, high level of accurate and ability to work as part of a team
- Experience of being involved in TUPE transfer is desirable.
- Up to 35 days’ annual leave entitlement (including bank holidays)
- Staff discount shopping scheme ‘Rewarding Dimensions’
- Childcare Vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension scheme
- Long Service Awards
- Qualification scheme
- Employee recognition scheme 'Inspiring People'
- Discounted health and dental cover
- Life Assurance
- Bike to Work Scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
For more information visit www.dimensions-uk.org/careers
The attached job description and person specification will provide you with lots of information on the role and Dimensions. To apply it couldn’t be simpler - just click on the button below to complete the application process.
Or If you have any questions and would like to discuss the role in more detail, please call Sarah Stuart on 07748 181507.
- Dimensions are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the people we support
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions. The organisation simply wants everyone to be fairly considered, based on merit, before all checks and risk assessments are made, so don’t be put off, apply and complete the relevant sections and discuss your personal situation confidentially at interview with the hiring manager. The information disclosed will be treated in confidence.
- Candidates will be required to provide evidence of their identity and eligibility to work in the UK
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- •Office Based Roles