Lead ABA Tutor
Dimensions are looking to recruit an experienced Lead ABA (applied behaviour analysis) tutor to provide quality ABA teaching as part of a team to a pupil receiving ABA provision within a mainstream school and in the family home.
We are looking for an experienced, qualified person to provide maternity cover on our well established team. You will be required to implement targets for a young child with autism spectrum conditions, with an emphasis on teaching new skills using technical Applied Behaviour Analytic methods.
You must be a driver in possession of a full UK driving licence and a car which can be used for work.
This role is 12.5 hours per week (to be worked 6.25 hours on a Thursday and Friday) during school term time in the Pontefract area. Plus additional admin time and attendance at workshops (half a day per month).
About the role
Key Responsibilities, Tasks & Outcomes:
• Implement changes instructed by the consultant at regular workshops
• Ensuring that the team implement changes and continue working towards goals determined by the consultant
• Interpret and analyse data
• Have regular double ups with tutors and provide constructive feedback to improve the functioning of the programme.
• Maintain consistency through a team of tutors through data analysis and overlapping with tutors
• Liaise with the consultant in relation to the child’s progress
• Responsible for regularly communicating data to the Consultant and for ensuring that ABA files are up to date
• Provide summary data and a written update to the Consultant prior to workshops
• To identify the need for, prepare and maintain teaching materials, resources and data sheets for learning targets.
• Monitor progress by reviewing acquisition data, behaviour frequency, maintenance and generalisation
• To identify short-term targets within programmes instructed by the Consultant
• To provide 1:1 intensive teaching sessions using ABA along with paired and small group teaching sessions when appropriate as directed by the Consultant
• Provide 1:1 support using the principles of ABA within the classroom to enable inclusion, to support the child to engage with others, participate and generalise skills
• You will link with the ABA tutor, Consultant, class teacher, SENCO and other professionals.
• Ensure Consultant recommendations, directions and programmes are carried out utilising good ABA principles.
• To provide support at play time to facilitate peer interaction and appropriate play
• To provide personal care if necessary and teach independence using the principles of ABA.
• To attend and participate in workshops and meetings
• To record progress data and any additional data requested by the Consultant.
• Commitment to continuing professional development in ABA practice and theory, knowledge of the curriculum including the national curriculum and working with children with Autism
• To undertake any necessary ABA training as required
• To support a child to access the national curriculum using ABA principles
• Communicate in a polite and professional way with the people we support and their relatives, other organisations, staff within Dimensions, and other professionals
• Communicate effectively over the phone, face to face and by email.
• Provide a customer-oriented service
We're looking for someone who:
- Is a qualified ABA tutor
- Has demonstrable experience of working directly with children with special educational needs ideally in an educational environment
- Experience must be over a variety of age ranges, and settings (e.g. home, school, community)Experience must be across a variety of age ranges, and settings (e.g. home, school, community)Deliver specific programmes for skill acquisition and behaviour change
- IT literate
- Ongoing support and supervision from experienced ABA consultants and professionals
- Opportunities for career development
- Training opportunities
- BCBA supervision, if required
- Up to 35 days’ annual leave entitlement (including bank holidays)
- Staff discount shopping scheme ‘Rewarding Dimensions’
- Childcare Vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension scheme
- Long Service Awards
- Qualification scheme
- Employee recognition scheme 'Inspiring People'
- Discounted health and dental cover
- Life Assurance
- Bike to Work Scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
For more information visit www.dimensions-uk.org/careers
The attached job description and person specification will provide you with lots of information on the role and Dimensions. To apply it couldn’t be simpler - just click on the button below to complete the application process.
- Dimensions are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the people we support
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions. The organisation simply wants everyone to be fairly considered, based on merit, before all checks and risk assessments are made, so don’t be put off, apply and complete the relevant sections and discuss your personal situation confidentially at interview with the hiring manager. The information disclosed will be treated in confidence.
- Candidates will be required to provide evidence of their identity and eligibility to work in the UK
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- •Specialist Support