Lead Support worker
Are you experienced in supporting adults with learning disabilities? Join an innovative team where you can lead by example, enjoying an excellent training programme, strong career progression - and deliver outstanding support through the unique ‘Activate’ model, proven to make a measurable difference to people’s lives and your professional satisfaction.
The Dimensions team in North Surrey are seeking an experienced Lead Support Worker.
You will need to be able to demonstrate your knowledge and experience of supporting adults with learning disabilities in supported living accommodation and living independently in the community.
You will be part of a team that works flexibly on a seven day rota.
The base location is easily accessible by public transport and has parking available for Support Workers.
You will be lone working in the community so use of a car is required and Full UK Drivers License.
You will need to be able to prioritise your own workload, be organised and flexible.
You will have knowledge of preparing rotas and working with staff to ensure excellent support is provided to all those we support in North Surrey.
The Dimensions Approach to Support
Our unique “Activate” approach puts decision making closer to the people we support. It sets personalised and challenging goals with them, their families and you, their Support Worker - by teaching new skills and enabling people to try new experiences.
Research has proven that this progressive model is the best way to deliver measurable improvements in the quality of life for people - and you and your colleagues in their support teams. It achieves an increase in active support and meaningful activity for people, a reduction in challenging behaviour - and an increase in your own satisfaction, with over 60% of Support Workers reporting that the 'Activate’ model has increased the quality of their working life.
Simply put, our ‘Activate’ approach offers you a better working life, with the satisfaction that you’ve changed someone’s life for the better, in a role where you can be the best that you can be.
If you think this is the right environment and working culture for you, come and make a positive difference to people’s lives - and your own career.
For a full list of rewards, visit our careers page at www.dimensions-uk.org/careers
If Dimensions sounds like the place for you to excel as a Lead Support Worker, we’d love to hear from you. Just click on the button below to complete the application process. Or If you have any questions and would like to discuss the role in more detail please call Helen Couchman on 07702972822.
- Dimensions are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the people we support
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions. The organisation simply wants everyone to be fairly considered, based on merit, before all checks and risk assessments are made, so don’t be put off, apply and complete the relevant sections and discuss your personal situation confidentially at interview with the hiring manager. The information disclosed will be treated in confidence.
- Candidates will be required to provide evidence of their identity and eligibility to work in the UK.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- •OTE £23,010.13
- •Support Worker