Are you a highly motivated care professional looking to take the next step with a leading not-for-profit provider in the UK? Do you want to join an organisation built on innovation, with a 20-year track record of progressing professional careers and making a positive difference to people’s lives?
We’re looking for a new Locality Manager to join our team, report into the Operations Director for Cymru- taking responsible for the day to day running of our services. Who are you? An exceptional professional who shares our values in putting the people we support at the centre of our care. Leading by example and providing excellent support to people with profound and multiple learning disabilities. You will be working across the city of Swansea.
About the role
- Ensure person-centred care plans and health action plans are regularly reviewed and implemented
- Ensure the health and wellbeing of the people we support, in line with CQC/CSSIW Guidelines and Dimensions' policies
- Deliver effective risk assessments and emergency plans to ensure the people we support are safe
- Make sure your staff team are appropriately trained and motivated to provide high quality support
- Ensure the service meets all organisational and statutory requirements and complies with Care Quality Commission Guidelines and our own standards, policies and procedures
- Make sure complaints are dealt with in line with our policies
Most importantly, you want to make a difference to the lives of people with learning disabilities or autism. To do that, you’ll have:
- A strong background in working with adults with learning disabilities and/or autism
- Experience of managing supported living services or similar - and be familiar with performance management processes
- Up to date knowledge of the personalisation agenda and Active Support
- Completed, or be willing to undertake, Management Development training
Beyond those qualities, you’ll also be:
- An excellent communicator, looking to mentor and motivate your team to provide person-centred support
- Able to prioritise your workload, delegate tasks and meet deadlines
- Focused on the needs of internal and external customers, from the people we support, right through to your team and other members of the organisation
In return for your hard work and dedication, we offer ongoing development opportunities and the strongest possible prospects, plus a range of great benefits including:
- Up to 35 days’ annual leave entitlement (including bank holidays)
- Staff discount shopping scheme ‘Rewarding Dimensions’
- Childcare Vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension scheme
- Long Service Awards
- Qualification scheme
- Employee recognition scheme 'Inspiring People'
- Discounted health and dental cover
- Life Assurance
- Bike to Work Scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
For more information visit www.dimensions-uk.org/careers
The Dimensions Approach to support
Our unique “Activate” approach puts decision making closer to the people we support. It sets personalised and challenging goals with them, their families and their support teams - by teaching new skills and enabling people to try new experiences.
Research has proven that this progressive model is the best way to deliver measurable improvements in the quality of life for people – and their support teams. It achieves an increase in active support and meaningful activity for people, and a reduction in challenging behaviour. Simply put, our ‘Activate’ approach offers everyone a better working life, with the satisfaction that they’ve changed someone’s life for the better, in a role where they can be the best that they can be.
If you think this is the right environment and working culture for you, come and make a positive difference to people’s lives - and your own career.
If this sounds like the career opportunity and working culture for you, we’d love to hear from you. Please read the attached documents, which provide additional information about the role - and click on the button below to complete the application process.
If you have any questions or would like to discuss the role in more detail, please call Russ kennedy on 07387 419151
- Dimensions are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the people we support
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions. The organisation simply wants everyone to be fairly considered, based on merit, before all checks and risk assessments are made, so don’t be put off, apply and complete the relevant sections and discuss your personal situation confidentially at interview with the hiring manager. The information disclosed will be treated in confidence.
- Candidates will be required to provide evidence of their identity and eligibility to work in the UK
- As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- We welcome applications from people from Black, Asian, Minority Ethnic backgrounds
- •Managerial Roles