Relief ABA Tutor
Dimensions are looking for a relief ABA (Applied Behaviour Analysis) Tutor to join their well-established early intervention team in Wakefield.
We are looking to recruit an ABA tutor to provide quality ABA teaching as part of a team to a pupil receiving ABA provision within a mainstream school and in the family home.
We are looking for an individual to join our well established team. You will be required to implement targets for a young child with autism spectrum conditions, with an emphasis on teaching new skills using technical Applied Behaviour Analytic methods
A full UK driving licence and own transportation will be required.
This role is for relief sickness cover during school term time for full days of 6.5 hours.
About the role
- To provide 1:1 intensive teaching sessions using ABA along with paired and small group teaching sessions when appropriate as directed by the Consultant
- Provide 1:1 support using the principles of ABA within the classroom to enable inclusion, to support the child to engage with others, participate and generalise skills
- You will link with the Lead ABA Tutor, consultant, class teacher, SENCO and other professionals.
- Ensure consultant recommendations, directions and programmes are carried out utilising good ABA principles.
We're looking for someone who:
- Is a qualified ABA tutor
- Has demonstrable experience of working directly with children with special educational needs ideally in an educational environment
- Experience must be over a variety of age ranges, and settings (e.g. home, school, community)Experience must be across a variety of age ranges, and settings (e.g. home, school, community)Deliver specific programmes for skill acquisition and behaviour change
- IT literate
- Theory training in the principles of ABA
- Ongoing support and supervision from experienced ABA consultants and professionals
- Opportunities for career development
- Up to 35 days’ annual leave entitlement (including bank holidays)
- Staff discount shopping scheme ‘Rewarding Dimensions’
- Childcare Vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension scheme
- Long Service Awards
- Qualification scheme
- Employee recognition scheme 'Inspiring People'
- Discounted health and dental cover
- Life Assurance
- Bike to Work Scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
For more information visit www.dimensions-uk.org/careers
The attached job description and person specification will provide you with lots of information on the role and Dimensions. To apply it couldn’t be simpler - just click on the button below to complete the application process.
- Dimensions are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the people we support an enhanced Children's DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions. The organisation simply wants everyone to be fairly considered, based on merit, before all checks and risk assessments are made, so don’t be put off, apply and complete the relevant sections and discuss your personal situation confidentially at interview with the hiring manager. The information disclosed will be treated in confidence.
- Candidates will be required to provide evidence of their identity and eligibility to work in the UK
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- Specialist Support