Start your day knowing you'll make a difference - join our team of Support Workers in Great Yarmouth and create a positive difference that improves the life for the people we support.
Hi, my name is Martin and I'm supported by Dimensions. I have recently moved to the Great Yarmouth area and am looking for people to join my team and support me in my new home.
My family is very important to me and I see them twice a week. I like to have a structured week, within which I participate in my favourite activities such as playing snooker, visiting shops to purchase things I need and want, having coffee out, going out for picnics, going to new places and going out in my car which I call my ‘red bus'. I like to be smart and presentable, and I enjoy being told so! I enjoy traditional home-cooked food such as casserole and pie, and sometimes like to assist with cooking and preparation in the kitchen. When at home I like to listen to my vast music collection, watch TV and music DVD’s, play on my snooker table. I also like to complete my morning chores: put out the bins, feed the birds and water the plants. I like to make choices within a structured context, such as choosing my clothes for the day, what to eat and what activities to do.
- In the future I would like to connect in my community more and would like to see what other regular events or clubs I could join.
- I have a learning disability and autism and I need to be supported with my routines
- I have my own vehicle and would need some of my support team to have a full UK Driver’s Licence and drive me to places in my vehicle however this is not a requirement.
- I require 24/7 support and require a sleep in support staff at my home. I have 2:1 support to access the community and 1:1 support at home
It’s ok if my Support Worker doesn't like all my activities, as long as you are enthusiastic to support me to do it. You never know, you might find that you enjoy it!
If you share Dimensions values you’ll have the opportunity to meet me as it’s important we’re a good match for each other. It doesn’t matter if you haven’t worked as a Support Worker before, as Dimensions will give you paid accredited training throughout your career, plus bonus payments when you complete your qualifications - as well as a full induction, regular 1-2-1’s and annual appraisals to ensure you develop your professional skills, supporting me to live the life I choose.
Sleep ins are paid at the rate of £30.50 per sleep in. In addition if applicable top up payments will be awarded accordingly to meet National Minimum Wage obligations.
A few words from Dimensions on the way they support me, and also you ….
The Dimensions “Activate” approach puts decision making closer to the people we support. It sets personalised and challenging goals with them, their families and their Support Workers - by teaching new skills and enabling people to try new experiences.
Research has proven that the unique “Activate” model is the best way to deliver measurable improvements in the quality of life for people - and their support teams. It achieves an increase in active support and meaningful activity for people, a reduction in challenging behaviour - and an increase in Support Worker satisfaction, with over 60% of Support Workers reporting that the 'Activate’ model has increased the quality of their working life.
Simply put, we offer you a better working life, with the satisfaction that you’ve changed someone’s life, in a role where you can be the best that you can be.
If you think this is the right role for you, come and make a difference to people’s lives, every working day!
If being a Support Worker sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you. The attached job description, person specification and additional information will provide you with lots of information on the role and Dimensions. To apply it couldn’t be simpler - just click on the button below to complete the application process.
Or If you have any questions and would like to discuss the role in more detail, please call Gemma Pinder on 07507128458
- Dimensions are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the people we support
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions. The organisation simply wants everyone to be fairly considered, based on merit, before all checks and risk assessments are made, so don’t be put off, apply and complete the relevant sections and discuss your personal situation confidentially at interview with the hiring manager. The information disclosed will be treated in confidence.
- Candidates will be required to provide evidence of their identity and eligibility to work in the UK.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- •Support Worker