Start your day knowing you'll make a difference - join our team of Support Workers in Kings Lynn and create a positive difference that improves the life for the people we support.
We are three ladies supported by Dimensions who live together in South Wootton, Kings Lynn. We are different ages and have different needs and abilities. We are looking for people to join our team and support us to enrich our lives. Are you the person we are looking for?
We all like a structured week within which we participate in our favourite activities such as visiting local community shops and sometimes further afield, although this will depend on how we are feeling on the day. Be patient with us. We love to purchase things we need and want for ourselves or for our home. We also enjoy coffee out and going to our local pub on a Saturday for a shandy and some pub grub. We love bake day (well that’s what we call it!) on Thursdays and enjoy traditional home-cooked food such as pies, muffins and homemade pizzas. We like to choose and we would want you to support us to prepare and cook these delicious foods in our spacious kitchen. We need your help with this as we are not the best of cooks - but love trying!
Some of us like to watch TV and music, DVDs in our rooms or in the living room together, arts and crafts, cinema, gym and seeing family when we can. We also like time in our garden when the sun’s out. At times we like to spend time by ourselves so please don’t be offended.
We complete our own chores, such as putting out the bins, washing our clothes, hoovering and cleaning our rooms and bathrooms – all with support from you. We like routine and structure and enjoy tunes in the background to make this more fun. We also may require support with personal care and dressing and support in choosing the correct clothes for the seasons and weather.
We like going out into the community and need support on a one to one basis. We all get different support hours per day/week where you support us to spend quality time doing what we love and have chosen to do. We want you to enjoy this too! As long as you are enthusiastic and we can see this, then that is great and you are the person for us!
We all have a learning disability, a range of autism and epilepsy and we all need to be supported with our routines and one to one hours within our week.
If you share Dimensions values and ethos you’ll have the opportunity to meet us as it’s important we’re a good match for each other.
The Dimensions Approach to Support
Our unique “Activate” approach puts decision making closer to the people we support. It sets personalised and challenging goals with them, their families and you, their Support Worker - by teaching new skills and enabling people to try new experiences.
Research has proven that this progressive model is the best way to deliver measurable improvements in the quality of life for people - and you and your colleagues in their support teams. It achieves an increase in active support and meaningful activity for people, a reduction in challenging behaviour - and an increase in your own satisfaction, with over 60% of Support Workers reporting that the 'Activate’ model has increased the quality of their working life.
Simply put, our ‘Activate’ approach offers you a better working life, with the satisfaction that you’ve changed someone’s life for the better, in a role where you can be the best that you can be.
Sharing in our Values:
We pride ourselves on being a values based employer. That means we believe passionately in:
Ambition- helping people be the best they can be by:
- Setting personalised and challenging goals.
- Teaching new skills and encouraging new experiences.
Courage - being brave enough to make a difference, by:
- Challenging what you feel is not in the best interest of the person you are supporting.
- Championing what they want to achieve for themselves - and helping to make it happen.
- Helping the people we support to explore new things - and supporting them to realise what they can achieve.
- Giving confidence to people in reaching their goals and not being afraid of new challenges.
- Inspiring innovation and supporting the courage to be creative.
Integrity - being honest and fair in all the things we do, by:
- Communicating clearly - adapting what you say and how you say it, so that it’s meaningful for the person you’re supporting.
- Exercising confidentiality when dealing with vulnerable adults - for example, when managing financial and personal details.
Partnership - working with other people to make a bigger difference, by:
- Understanding the varying needs and requirements of people with disabilities.
- Developing positive working relationships with those involved in Dimensions – including those we support, their families and carers, your internal colleagues and external agencies.
- Working as part of a team.
Respect - treating everyone fairly and knowing that everyone’s voice is important, by:
- Sharing our commitment to Equal Opportunities for all.
- Treating all people with dignity and respect.
Those are the qualities that you’ll need to join the team - they’re beliefs shared by everyone who works with us.
If you think this is the right role for you, come and make a difference to people’s lives, every working day!
A full list of rewards can be found in the job description attached
If being a Support Worker sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you. The attached job description, person specification and additional information will provide you with lots of information on the role and Dimensions. To apply it couldn’t be simpler - just click on the button below to complete the application process.
Or If you have any questions and would like to discuss the role in more detail, please call Andy Fowler on 07393 012670
- Dimensions are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the people we support
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions. The organisation simply wants everyone to be fairly considered, based on merit, before all checks and risk assessments are made, so don’t be put off, apply and complete the relevant sections and discuss your personal situation confidentially at interview with the hiring manager. The information disclosed will be treated in confidence.
- Candidates will be required to provide evidence of their identity and eligibility to work in the UK.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- •OTE £21,590.66
- •Support Worker