Support Worker Recruitment Day
Start your day knowing you'll make a difference - join our team of Support Workers in a brand new service in Worthing and create a positive difference that improves the life for the people we support.
Come along to our Recruitment Open Day at Worthing Library (in the Meeting Room - entrance via the slope), Richmond Road, Worthing BN11 1HD on Wednesday 30th May 2018 10am - 2pm.
You'll get to meet some of the team, find out more about the opportunity and what we offer. Help can be given to complete the online application form on the day if needed.
To register your interest, please apply online by clicking on the link below. You can also just drop in on the day if that's best for you. More information on the role follows, but if you have any questions please give Dee a call on 07903 549593 or email email@example.com
About the role
Outreach 3 Way is part of Dimensions, one of the largest support providers for people with learning disabilities and autism in the country. We are developing a specialised bespoke support service for adults with complex needs in Worthing and are looking for staff who enjoy getting out and about, supporting individuals to a range of activities, like swimming or crazy golf.
One of our gentlemen has his own mobility car, so a car driver is essential. British Sign Language (BSL) Level 1 is needed and full training will be provided to achieve this mandatory skill if you don't already have it.
We can offer full time and part time hours, with a variety of shift timings available. The staff rota will require weekend, bank holiday, sleep-in and standby cover. An additional allowance of £13.50 per night will be paid for standby cover.
- Experienced and confident in supporting people with complex behaviour and autism, or willing to learn
- A reliable, trustworthy team player able to accommodate a flexible rota
- Keen to participate in a range of activities in order to help people achieve positive outcomes in their lives
We will provide
- All specialist training, including BSL Level 1, giving you the tools to perform the role to the best of your ability in what will be a challenging but rewarding role
- A great benefits package including tax free childcare vouchers, in store discounts plus many more benefits
The Dimensions Approach to Support
Our unique “Activate” approach puts decision making closer to the people we support. It sets personalised and challenging goals with them, their families and you, their Support Worker - by teaching new skills and enabling people to try new experiences.
Research has proven that this progressive model is the best way to deliver measurable improvements in the quality of life for people - and you and your colleagues in their support teams. It achieves an increase in active support and meaningful activity for people, a reduction in challenging behaviour - and an increase in your own satisfaction, with over 60% of Support Workers reporting that the 'Activate’ model has increased the quality of their working life.
Simply put, our ‘Activate’ approach offers you a better working life, with the satisfaction that you’ve changed someone’s life for the better, in a role where you can be the best that you can be.
Sharing in our Values:
We pride ourselves on being a values based employer. That means we believe passionately in:
Ambition- helping people be the best they can be by:
- Setting personalised and challenging goals.
- Teaching new skills and encouraging new experiences.
Courage - being brave enough to make a difference, by:
- Challenging what you feel is not in the best interest of the person you are supporting.
- Championing what they want to achieve for themselves - and helping to make it happen.
- Helping the people we support to explore new things - and supporting them to realise what they can achieve.
- Giving confidence to people in reaching their goals and not being afraid of new challenges.
- Inspiring innovation and supporting the courage to be creative.
Integrity - being honest and fair in all the things we do, by:
- Communicating clearly - adapting what you say and how you say it, so that it’s meaningful for the person you’re supporting.
- Exercising confidentiality when dealing with vulnerable adults - for example, when managing financial and personal details.
Partnership - working with other people to make a bigger difference, by:
- Understanding the varying needs and requirements of people with disabilities.
- Developing positive working relationships with those involved in Dimensions – including those we support, their families and carers, your internal colleagues and external agencies.
- Working as part of a team.
Respect - treating everyone fairly and knowing that everyone’s voice is important, by:
- Sharing our commitment to Equal Opportunities for all.
- Treating all people with dignity and respect.
Those are the qualities that you’ll need to join the team - they’re beliefs shared by everyone who works with us.
If you think this is the right role for you, come and make a difference to people’s lives, every working day!
A full list of rewards can be found in the job description attached.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you. The attached job description, person specification and additional information will provide you with lots of information on the role and Dimensions. To apply it couldn’t be simpler - just click on the button below to complete the application process. Or, for more information, come along to our Recruitment Day on Wednesday 30th May or call Dee on 07903 549593.
- Dimensions are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the people we support
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions. The organisation simply wants everyone to be fairly considered, based on merit, before all checks and risk assessments are made, so don’t be put off, apply and complete the relevant sections and discuss your personal situation confidentially at interview with the hiring manager. The information disclosed will be treated in confidence.
- Candidates will be required to provide evidence of their identity and eligibility to work in the UK.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- •OTE £21,729.94
- •Support Worker