Hi, we are a group of seven young adults who live together and are supported by Dimensions. We live in the Hounslow area and need more Support Workers to join our expanding team.
Our home -The Mulberries, is a small CQC registered care home in Hounslow, West London which is very easily accessible by public transport, there is free parking available on-site for staff.
Our current team support us individually based on our needs and abilities.
We enjoy a range of activities, outings and events locally and in the wider area.
As well as support to attend activities and outings, our team provide high standards of personal care and actively support us around the home, this can include meal preparation and domestic tasks, supporting us with our money and keeping records.
Our families and friends play a big part in our lives so we also require support with maintaining those relationships. Due to our mobility requirements, we do require support with our wheelchairs and lifting equipment however training is provided for this.
The Mulberries is staffed 24 hours a day and you'll be part of a team that works flexibly on a rota, there’s a separate bedroom for Support Workers who are required to stay overnight.
It’s ok if some Support Worker don't like all my activities, as long as you are enthusiastic to support me to do it. You never know, you might find you enjoy it! One of us do have our own car so if you are driver this is a great advantage!
If you share Dimensions values you’ll have the opportunity to meet me as it’s important we’re a good match for each other. It doesn’t matter if you haven’t worked as a Support Worker before, as Dimensions will give you paid accredited training throughout your career, plus bonus payments when you complete your qualifications - as well as a full induction, regular 1-2-1’s and annual appraisals to ensure you develop your professional skills, supporting me to live the life I choose.
A few words from Dimensions on the way they support me, and also you ….
The Dimensions “Activate” approach puts decision making closer to the people we support. It sets personalised and challenging goals with them, their families and their Support Workers - by teaching new skills and enabling people to try new experiences.
Research has proven that the unique “Activate” model is the best way to deliver measurable improvements in the quality of life for people - and their support teams. It achieves an increase in active support and meaningful activity for people, a reduction in challenging behaviour - and an increase in Support Worker satisfaction, with over 60% of Support Workers reporting that the 'Activate’ model has increased the quality of their working life.
Simply put, we offer you a better working life, with the satisfaction that you’ve changed someone’s life, in a role where you can be the best that you can be.
If you think this is the right role for you, come and make a difference to people’s lives, every working day!
If being a Support Worker sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you. The attached job description, person specification and additional information will provide you with lots of information on the role and Dimensions. To apply it couldn’t be simpler - just click on the button below to complete the application process.
Or If you have any questions and would like to discuss the role in more detail, please call Crystal Taylor-Judd on 07943506343
- Dimensions are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the people we support
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions. The organisation simply wants everyone to be fairly considered, based on merit, before all checks and risk assessments are made, so don’t be put off, apply and complete the relevant sections and discuss your personal situation confidentially at interview with the hiring manager. The information disclosed will be treated in confidence.
- Candidates will be required to provide evidence of their identity and eligibility to work in the UK.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- OTE £21,846.50
- Support Worker