ABA Support Worker
Dimensions ABA Services support children and young adults with autism and Asperger’s Syndrome to develop life skills and independence.
We are looking for ABA Support Workers in Highbury & Islington to work with an individual with a sunny, charming and charismatic personality.
The successful candidate would desirably possess the following;
•A happy disposition, bubbly and lively sense of humour.
•An interest in music, dancing.
•An appreciation and understanding of modern pop culture, styles, fashions and trends.
•A good level of fitness. The enthusiasm and willingness to partake in various sporting activities including; trampolining, rollerblading,
swimming and running.
•An understanding of the importance of promoting inclusion and community presence.
•To be genuine, honest and endearing towards the client’s sensitive needs.
•To be respectful of the individual's wishes whilst up-holding and rewarding socially acceptable behaviour.
•To support the individual in a fun, amiable, personable and age appropriate fashion whilst conducting oneself in a professional manner.
•A good understanding of the principles of ABA and PBS. Reward all positive behaviour, interaction and communication with social praise,
encouragement and reinforcement.
•Always be alert. Dynamically risk assess each environment and have the ability think on your feet. Be aware that the client may not be aware of
danger, whether it be crossing roads or drinking a potentially harmful liquids
•Supporting young adults is very rewarding. However, it can often be demanding, mentally and physically. Some of the individuals we support
can display challenging behaviour. You will be given full training in how to best support our clients through these times. Resilience in such
situations is important. In testing times, your training, personality and team members will provide you with the support network.
•Respect the dignity of the individual’s personal property. You should take pride in your appearance and dress appropriately, when working in the
community you are a representing not only the client but also the organisation.
•As part of a team you may be required to work evenings and weekends. Your ability to be flexible and support your colleagues when needed is
•Having the initiative to research, be creative and introduce new ideas/places. To meet new people and create links within the local community.
These can provide contacts and the possibility of further education/training, work related/based opportunities, volunteer and work placements.
•Supporting individuals with personal and intimate care as required. This includes supporting people to use the toilet, feed and dress themselves
etc. Maintaining the individual’s dignity during these situations is imperative.
•Keeping written records, using IT systems as required to help you, including support plans, financial information and health and safety records.
We are looking for candidates who hold a Full, clean UK Driving License with all of the above attributes who are willing to drive the vehicles owned by the amazing individual we support and who supports us to have a positive day.
About Dimensions ABA
Our approach to support is specific to the individual. Working with them to determine their hopes, dreams, aspirations and goals for their future. Putting the client’s needs first is imperative to development, progression, independence and empowerment. Closely involving family members, health professionals and key people involved in the young person’s life enables us to deliver the personalised care service required to meet the needs of the individual.
Due to the personalised nature of the support we provide, some clients respond more positively to specific approaches, especially when forming new relationships, acclimatiing to unfamiliar environments and learning new skills.
The successful candidate would desirably possess/be interested in the following;
- Confidence whilst remaining humble, promoting inclusion at varying levels of ability in differing situations
- To be genuine, honest and endearing towards the client’s more sensitive needs
- Always be respectful of the client’s wishes whilst up-holding and rewarding socially acceptable behaviour
- As part of a team you may be required to work evenings and weekends. Your ability to be flexible and support your colleagues when needed is vital
- Having the initiative to research, be creative and introduce new ideas/places
- Supporting people with their personal and intimate care as required. This includes supporting people to use the toilet, feed and dress themselves etc. Maintaining the individual’s dignity during these situations is imperative
- Keeping written records, using IT systems as required to help you, including support plans, financial info and health and safety records
In return for your hard work and dedication, we offer a sector leading benefits package, more details can be found in the Careers section of our website www.dimensions-uk.org/careers
The attached job description, person specification and additional information will provide you with lots of information on the role and Dimensions. To apply it couldn’t be simpler - just click on the button below to complete the application process.
Or If you have any questions and would like to discuss the role in more detail, please email David Brum on email@example.com
- Dimensions/ABA services are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the people we support
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions. The organisation simply wants everyone to be fairly considered, based on merit, before all checks and risk assessments are made, so don’t be put off, apply and complete the relevant sections and discuss your personal situation confidentially at interview with the hiring manager. The information disclosed will be treated in confidence.
- Candidates will be required to provide evidence of their identity and eligibility to work in the UK.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- Specialist Support