ABA Tutor - Part-time
In response to the unprecedented events we are currently experiencing due to the spread of Coronavirus COVID-19, at this time we will be conducting our interviews via video calls
Dimensions is proud to be one of very few social care organisations that are members of the Great Places To Work programme.
We are looking to recruit a trainee ABA Tutor or experienced ABA tutor to provide quality ABA teaching as part of a team to a pupil receiving ABA provision within a mainstream school.
You will be required to implement targets for a young child with autism spectrum conditions, with an emphasis on teaching new skills using technical Applied Behaviour Analytic methods.
This role is 13 hours per week (to be worked 6.5 hours on a Thursday and Friday) during school term time in the Pontefract area. Plus attendance at team meetings (half a day per month).
About the role
Your main duties will include:
- Provide 1:1 support using the principles of ABA within the classroom to enable inclusion, to support the child to engage with others, participate and generalise skills.
- To facilitate paired and small group teaching sessions if applicable, as advised by the ABA consultant.
- To provide support at play time to facilitate peer interaction and appropriate play
- To attend and participate in team meetings
- To record progress data and any additional data requested by the Consultant
We're looking for someone who:
- Able to demonstrate emotional and physical resilience to meet the challenges of working in a demanding (but also rewarding) environment
- Able to demonstrate an understanding and personal commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people
- Demonstrate an understanding and personal commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people
- Have good written and verbal communication skills
- Up to 35 days’ annual leave entitlement (including bank holidays)
- Staff discount shopping scheme ‘Rewarding Dimensions’
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension scheme
- Long Service Awards
- Qualification scheme
- Employee recognition scheme 'Inspiring People'
- Discounted health and dental cover
- Life Assurance
- Bike to Work Scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
For more information visit www.dimensions-uk.org/careers
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As Disability Confident Leaders , we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application in one of our offices using assistive technology.
- We now have British Sign Language (BSL) translated videos for all of our recruitment communications.
- Specialist Support