Assistant Locality Manager
Do you have experience of working with a variety of different people with a range of needs?
Are you interested in taking the first step on the management ladder, with one of the UK’s largest not-for-profit providers?
We are Dimensions Cymru, proving life can get better.
If you are a hardworking care professional who wants to make a positive difference to the lives of vulnerable people, we can offer you excellent training, progression and job satisfaction.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Locality Manager to join us, providing day-to-day support to their dedicated Locality Manager. In this role you will be gaining expertise and experience both within the office and across a number of services in Cardiff, South Wales.
Please note: There will be 15 Hours Off Rota Time for this position.
About the role
This opportunity will allow you to build your skills and expertise:
- Supporting the Locality Manager to guide, motivate and encourage your teams providing a quality service in line with our values, policies and practices.
- Working with relatives and outside agencies - including health professionals, social workers and advocates - to meet the needs of the people we support.
- Establishing and monitoring service budgets.
- Managing person-centred rota's and the recruitment of new team members.
- Leading by example and being a positive role model for your team.
- Delivering direct support, dividing your time between supporting people and working in the office.
To be successful, you will have proven professional qualities, including:
- Experience of working with people with a wide range of needs - for example, autism and complex learning disabilities
- The ability to prioritise workload, manage your own time, delegate tasks and meet deadlines.
- Up-to-date knowledge of the personalisation agenda and Active Support provision.
- The personality to develop positive working relationships across Dimensions – including the people we support, their families, internal colleagues and external agencies.
- The willingness to work towards a Diploma Level 3 in Health and Social Care/Leadership and Management for Care Services.
In return for your hard work and dedication, we offer ongoing development opportunities and the strongest possible prospects, plus a range of great benefits including:
- Up to 35 days’ annual leave entitlement(including bank holidays)
- Staff discount shopping scheme ‘Rewarding Dimensions’
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension scheme
- Long Service Awards
- Qualification scheme
- Employee recognition scheme 'Inspiring People'
- Discounted health and dental cover
- Life Assurance
- Bike to Work Scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
For more information visitwww.dimensions-uk.org/careers
If you have any questions or would like an informal chat about the role in more detail, please call LLoyd Howell on 07403 764926
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application in one of our offices using assistive technology.
- Managerial Roles