Assistant Locality Manager
Do you have experience of working with people with a wide range of needs? Do you have the commitment and potential to take the first step on the management ladder, with one of the UK’s largest not-for-profit providers? Dimensions has a 20-year track record of offering excellent training and progression to ambitious, hardworking care professionals who want to build a progressive career making a positive difference to the lives of vulnerable people.
If you share our values this is a superb opportunity to join us as an Assistant Locality Manager, providing day-to-day support to your Locality Manager, gaining expertise and experience both within the office and across a number of services. You will working in a new local authority for Dimensions within a core and cluster of five bungalows and eight flats. Two days will be worked on rota (in service) and three days off rota (in office).
Assistant Locality Manager is a driver essential role.
Staff skills need to be:
- Provide a consistent and structured routine for the young man in order to meet his autistic needs.
- Support the young man who can display behaviours linked to anxieties if his needs are not met.
- Staff to support the young man to do activities in his home such as baking, having bubble baths.
- Staff need to have the abilities to plan and cook to meet dietary needs.
- Staff need skills in record keeping in order to work in partnership with the young man’s family and MDT.
- A brief background of someone who has had experience with signing / Makaton is desirable but not essential.
About the role
This is your opportunity to build your skills and expertise:
- Supporting the Locality Manager to guide, motivate and encourage your team to provide a quality service in line with our values, policies and practices.
- Working with relatives and outside agencies - including health professionals, social workers and advocates - to meet the needs of the people we support.
- Establishing and monitoring service budgets.
- Managing person-centred rota's and the recruitment of new team members.
- Leading by example and being a positive role model for your team.
- Delivering direct support, dividing your time between supporting people and working in the office.
You already have proven professional qualities, including:
- Experience of working with people with a wide range of needs - for example, autism and complex learning disabilities
- The ability to prioritise workload, manage your own time, delegate tasks and meet deadlines.
- Up-to-date knowledge of the personalisation agenda and Active Support provision.
- The personality to develop positive working relationships across Dimensions – including the people we support, their families, internal colleagues and external agencies.
- The willingness to work towards a Diploma Level 3 in Health and Social Care/Leadership and Management for Care Services.
In return for your hard work and dedication, we offer ongoing development opportunities and the strongest possible prospects, plus a range of great benefits including:
- Up to 35 days’ annual leave entitlement(including bank holidays)
- Staff discount shopping scheme ‘Rewarding Dimensions’
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension scheme
- Long Service Awards
- Qualification scheme
- Employee recognition scheme 'Inspiring People'
- Discounted health and dental cover
- Life Assurance
- Bike to Work Scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
For more information visitwww.dimensions-uk.org/careers
If you have any questions or would like to discuss the role in more detail, please call Claire Turrell on 07384 214981.
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- We welcome applications from people from Black, Asian and Ethnic Minority backgrounds.
- As Disability Confident Leaders , we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application in one of our offices using assistive technology.
- Managerial Roles