Assistant Locality Manager – Bath
Hours - 37.5 hours per week (Permanent Contract)
If you are experienced in supporting people with learning disabilities, autism and/or mental health why not take the next step in your career? We are currently looking for an Assistant Locality Manager who shares our company values of integrity, partnership, respect, courage and ambition. Join our award winning team and improve lives with a job where you will be responsible for managing a team of inspiring support workers.
If you share our values this is a superb opportunity to join us as an Assistant Locality Manager, providing day-to-day support to your Locality Manager, gaining expertise and experience both within the office and across a number of services in Bath covering two services where we support a variety of adults with a range of needs. We support them with various outdoor and indoor activities and enable them to achieve their day to day goals.
About the role
This is your opportunity to build your skills and expertise:
- Supporting the Locality Manager to guide, motivate and encourage your team to provide a quality service in line with our values, policies and practices.
- Working with relatives and outside agencies - including health professionals, social workers and advocates - to meet the needs of the people we support.
- Establishing and monitoring service budgets.
- Managing person-centred rota's and the recruitment of new team members.
- Leading by example and being a positive role model for your team.
- Delivering direct support, dividing your time between supporting people and working in the office.
You already have proven professional qualities, including:
- Experience of working with people with a wide range of needs - for example, autism and complex learning disabilities
- The ability to prioritise workload, manage your own time, delegate tasks and meet deadlines.
- Up-to-date knowledge of the personalisation agenda and Active Support provision.
- The personality to develop positive working relationships across Dimensions – including the people we support, their families, internal colleagues and external agencies.
- The willingness to work towards a Diploma Level 3 in Health and Social Care/Leadership and Management for Care Services.
In return for your hard work and dedication, we offer ongoing development opportunities and the strongest possible prospects, plus a range of great benefits including:
- Up to 35 days’ annual leave entitlement(including bank holidays)
- Staff discount shopping scheme ‘Rewarding Dimensions’
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension scheme
- Long Service Awards
- Qualification scheme
- Employee recognition scheme 'Inspiring People'
- Discounted health and dental cover
- Life Assurance
- Bike to Work Scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
For more information visitwww.dimensions-uk.org/careers
If you have any questions or would like to discuss the role in more detail, please call Rebecca Robbins on 07392 197298.
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- We welcome applications from people from Black, Asian and Ethnic Minority backgrounds.
- As Disability Confident Leaders , we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application in one of our offices using assistive technology.
- We now have British Sign Language (BSL) translated videos for all of our recruitment communications.