Assistant Locality Manager
Fleet / Farnborough
6 months fixed term
37.5 hours per week
Full drivers licence required
Dimensions provide specialist support to people with mild to moderate learning disabilities and complex histories. The people we provide support to require skilled support in managing risks to themselves or others. This support enables people to remain living safely in the community.
We are looking for people who are experienced in supporting people with learning disabilities and who have demonstrated their leadership abilities in other roles. You will report directly to the Locality Manager for the area and support the services to be person centred and respectful whilst promoting safety. You will also be supporting services in the area to exceed CQC expectations and internal audit processes.
Each person we support has a dedicated team working for them. You will be supporting recruitment, supervision, communication, and building team togetherness for these support services. Your main duty is empowering your teams to provide the high quality support that we expect to deliver.
You will have a key role in representing Dimensions in your locality. This may involve communicating with partners and stakeholders, attending forums in the region, and having excellent communication with people we support and their families. You will use local connections to support people to live their lives to the fullest and be active members of their communities.
For more information, contact Monja on 07940267271.
Dimensions is proud to be one of very few social care organisations that are accredited by the Great Places To Work programme.
Your role and duties will be:
- Deputising for the Service Manager in their absence.
- Line managing team members and carrying out supervisions.
- Ensuring Dimensions standards are met and maintained.
- Support planning.
- Family liaison.
- Representing Dimensions at Professional and Health related meetings.
- Direct support across all local services.
We’re looking for someone who is:
- Who is committed to and has an understanding of our model of support.
- Flexible, adaptable and to be able work at multiple local services.
- Able to lead by example.
- Able to prioritise their workload and manage their own time.
- Computer literate and able to coordinate a number of online rotas.
- A generous training programme, including Learning Disability Qualifications and a Diploma in Health and Social Care.
- A bespoke induction package to orientate you to our model of support.
- A pension scheme with contribution by Dimensions.
- Employee reward scheme, where you can save money every day on shopping or even larger purchases like holidays.
- This work is interesting, often fascinating. It is rewarding, tiring, thought-provoking, satisfying and stimulating and is always fresh. You will work with a dedicated and warm group of people who have committed to this field and who have significant experience and who want you to succeed.
An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As disability confident leaders, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application. Please contact the Resourcing Consultant team on 03003039150
- We now have British Sign Language (BSL) translated videos for all of our recruitment communications.