Assistant Locality Manager - Leeds
Full Time - 37.5 Hours
£23,464 - £25,223.8?0 Per Annum
Do you have experience supporting people with learning disabilities, mental health challenges and forensic backgrounds? Can you inspire a team and promote a culture whereby every moment has potential and is an opportunity to improve people’s lives?
Our team in Leeds has a fantastic opportunity available for an ambitious and values-driven person who is passionate about person-centred care to join us as an Assistant Locality Manager!
This role is ideal for someone who wants to grow professionally and take on more responsibility whilst still being able to provide the direct support that’s so incredibly rewarding - it's the best of both worlds!
Day to day you will provide logistical support to the Locality Manager as well as exceptional hands-on care to the person we support. The person we support is a young lady in her 20s who has a learning disability, complex mental health needs and a forensic history. Due to the complexity of her needs, the hourly rate for this position is higher than our other services.
You will be working 37.5 hours per week, with 15 hours in the office and 22.5 hours delivering direct support.
About the role
This is your opportunity to build your skills and expertise:
- Supporting the Locality Manager to guide, motivate and encourage your team to provide a quality service in line with our values, policies, and practices
- Working with relatives and outside agencies - including health professionals, social workers, and advocates - to meet the needs of the people we support
- Establishing and monitoring service budgets
- Managing person-centred rota's and the recruitment of new team members
- Leading by example and being a positive role model for your team
- Delivering direct support, dividing your time between supporting people, and working in the office
If you have any questions or would like to discuss the role in more detail, please call Lauren on 07943 713 039.
You already have proven professional qualities, including:
- Experience of working with people with a wide range of needs - for example, autism and complex learning disabilities
- Experience supporting people who display behaviours that others may find challenging
- The ability to prioritise workload, manage your own time, delegate tasks and meet deadlines
- Up-to-date knowledge of the personalisation agenda and Active Support provision
- The personality to develop positive working relationships across Dimensions – including the people we support, their families, internal colleagues and external agencies
- The willingness to work towards a Diploma Level 3 in Health and Social Care/Leadership and Management for Care Services
Dimensions has a 20-year track record of offering excellent training and progression to ambitious, hardworking care professionals who want to build a progressive career making a positive difference to the lives of vulnerable people.
Dimensions is proud to be one of very few social care organisations that are members of the Great Places to Work programme 2019 & 2020.
- Up to 35 days’ annual leave entitlement (including bank holidays)
- Staff discount shopping scheme ‘Rewarding Dimensions’
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension scheme
- Long Service Awards
- Qualification scheme
- Employee recognition scheme 'Inspiring People'
- Discounted health and dental cover
- Life Assurance
- Bike to Work Scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions
- We welcome applications from people from Black, Asian and Ethnic Minority backgrounds
- As Disability Confident Leaders, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application in one of our offices using assistive technology
- We now have British Sign Language (BSL) translated videos for all our recruitment communications