Behaviour Support Practitioner
In response to the unprecedented events we are currently experiencing due to the spread of Coronavirus COVID-19, at this time we will be conducting our interviews via video calls.
Dimensions is proud to be one of very few social care organisations that are members of the Great Places To Work programme.
To provide direct support to compliment the operational team’s delivery of Positive Behaviour Support through practice leadership and the development of team skills and knowledge. Ensure support teams are focused on enhancing the quality of life of people we support by working alongside team colleagues in reducing or eliminating the use of restrictive practices.
Candidates will need to live within 20 miles of one of our offices based in the South region to include Sussex and Kent.
About the role
Your main duties will include:
- Provide and model good practice support in the delivery of behaviour support plans
- Support the development of individual team members skills sets in the interpretation of Behaviour Support Plans and the review process.
- Contribute to the service set up of new support as prioritised within the region
- Promote the least restrictive means of support, and the organisations commitment to ACTIVATE
The successful applicant will have:
- Have significant experience in directly supporting people with learning disabilities and/or autism who have complex needs
- Able to represent people we support, teams and the organisation well at professional meetings
- Demonstrate a high level of observational skills and evaluation of support outcomes and incidents
- Significant knowledge of assessment tools and positive behaviour support including how to construct and implement a behaviour support plan
- Up to 35 days’ annual leave entitlement (including bank holidays)
- Staff discount shopping scheme ‘Rewarding Dimensions’
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension scheme
- Long Service Awards
- Qualification scheme
- Employee recognition scheme 'Inspiring People'
- Discounted health and dental cover
- Life Assurance
- Bike to Work Scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
For more information visit www.dimensions-uk.org/careers
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As Disability Confident Leaders , we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application in one of our offices using assistive technology.
- We now have British Sign Language (BSL) translated videos for all of our recruitment communications.
- Specialist Support