Compliance & Safeguarding Officer
Dimensions is proud to be one of very few social care organisations that are members of the Great Places To Work programme.
We have an opportunity available for a Compliance and Safeguarding Officer who will support our Policies, Compliance & Safeguarding Manager and colleagues across Discovery. Duties include the timely submission of regulatory registration variations and notifications, advising managers of when and how to notify CQC of events, oversee safeguarding matters and leading on safeguarding investigations primarily within Discovery. The proportion of time spent on advice/administration/ investigation work will vary depending on demand. There will also be opportunities to get involved in compliance and safeguarding matters in the wider Group.
The role is part of a Dimensions Group Quality and Compliance Team, and as such operates at arm’s length from the Discovery management structure.
About the role
Your main duties will include:
- To oversee all safeguarding matters in Discovery, including assisting in the management of the Group’s safeguarding registers, liaising with locality managers, operations directors and regional assistants in the collection and collation of data.
- To work closely and in partnership with Discovery’s Better Practice Manager in ensuring the highest standards of safeguarding practice
- To advise on and oversee safeguarding investigations, taking the lead on a proportion of cases.
- To ensure the Discovery’s compliance in all registration matters, including coordinating and quality checking applications and supporting managers through the process.
The successful applicant will have:
- Experience of working in social care sector.
- Familiarity with safeguarding processes.
- Experience in writing management reports, including investigation finding reports
- Excellent writing skills, with a focus on clear management reports and plain English.
- Up to 35 days’ annual leave entitlement (including bank holidays)
- Staff discount shopping scheme ‘Rewarding Dimensions’
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension scheme
- Long Service Awards
- Qualification scheme
- Employee recognition scheme 'Inspiring People'
- Discounted health and dental cover
- Life Assurance
- Bike to Work Scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
For more information visit www.dimensions-uk.org/careers
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As Disability Confident Leaders , we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application in one of our offices using assistive technology.
- We now have British Sign Language (BSL) translated videos for all of our recruitment communications.
- Office Based Roles