Female Support Worker
Start your day knowing you’ll make a difference - we are looking for Female Support Workers to join our team in Telford in our new supported living service and create a positive difference that improves life for the people we support.
The Dimensions team currently support two ladies and one gentleman in a new supported living service in Oakengates (close to the centre). Staff would be required to provide support with personal care and administering medication alongside support with health appointments and minimal manual handling-such as using a wheelchair in the community. One of the ladies we support can present with challenging behaviour, but full training will be provided.
The people we support enjoy attending a wide range of activities and accessing the local community and require support with shopping and banking, attending the weekly disco, swimming, walking and exploring the local area, and would benefit from enthusiastic staff researching and planning new activities for them to try. They all have access to a vehicle, so a driver would be desirable but not essential as they can all access public transport.
Friends and family are also a big part of their life, so support is needed to stay in touch and maintain this contact.
"Gender is considered to be a genuine occupational requirement in accordance with paragraph 1 of Schedule 9 of the Equality Act 2010."
Sharing in our Values
We pride ourselves on being a values based employer. That means we believe passionately in:
Ambition- helping people be the best they can be by:
- Setting personalised and challenging goals.
- Teaching new skills and encouraging new experiences.
Courage - being brave enough to make a difference, by:
- Challenging what you feel is not in the best interest of the person you are supporting.
- Championing what they want to achieve for themselves - and helping to make it happen.
- Helping the people we support to explore new things - and supporting them to realise what they can achieve.
- Giving confidence to people in reaching their goals and not being afraid of new challenges.
- Inspiring innovation and supporting the courage to be creative.
Integrity - being honest and fair in all the things we do, by:
- Communicating clearly - adapting what you say and how you say it, so that it’s meaningful for the person you’re supporting.
- Exercising confidentiality when dealing with vulnerable adults - for example, when managing financial and personal details.
Partnership - working with other people to make a bigger difference, by:
- Understanding the varying needs and requirements of people with disabilities.
- Developing positive working relationships with those involved in Dimensions – including those we support, their families and carers, your internal colleagues and external agencies.
- Working as part of a team.
Respect - treating everyone fairly and knowing that everyone’s voice is important, by:
- Sharing our commitment to Equal Opportunities for all.
- Treating all people with dignity and respect.
Those are the qualities that you’ll need to join the team - they’re beliefs shared by everyone who works with us.
If you think this is the right role for you, come and make a difference to people’s lives, every working day!
A full list of rewards can be found in the job description attached
If you have any questions and would like to discuss the role in more detail, please call Becky Dunhamon 07903 549520
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As disability confident leaders, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application in one of our offices using assistive technology.
- OTE £20,706.59
- Support Worker