Female Support Worker
Start your day knowing you'll make a difference - join our team of Female Support Workers in Sawston and create a positive difference that improves the life for the people we support.
The Dimensions team supports individuals with learning disabilities to live in their own home and be an active part of their community in Sawston near Cambridge. The positions are full time and part time and are really flexible so your work can fit in with your other commitments. You will be part of a team that works flexibly on a rota, supporting individuals in Sawston. The location is easily accessible by public transport.
Our unique “Activate” approach puts decision making closer to the people we support. It sets personalised and challenging goals with them, their families and you, their Support Worker - by teaching new skills and enabling people to try new experiences.
Research has proven that this progressive model is the best way to deliver measurable improvements in the quality of life for people - and you and your colleagues in their support teams. It achieves an increase in active support and meaningful activity for people, a reduction in challenging behaviour - and an increase in your own satisfaction, with over 60% of Support Workers reporting that the 'Activate’ model has increased the quality of their working life.
Simply put, our ‘Activate’ approach offers you a better working life, with the satisfaction that you’ve changed someone’s life for the better, in a role where you can be the best that you can be.
"Gender is considered to be a genuine occupational requirement in accordance with paragraph 1 of Schedule 9 of the Equality Act 2010."
- Up to 30 days annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Free driving Lessons and your first practical and theory test paid for
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Employee perks to include discounted Cinema, shopping vouchers, holidays and days out
- Employee Assistance helpline and support for yourself and family
- Life Insurance pay out of 2 x your annual salary
- Full comprehensive training scheme with opportunities to progress your career with qualifications that are nationally recognised
About the role
A typical role will involve;
- Helping people learn the skills they need to live the life they choose
- Personal care
- Support with shopping, housework including cleaning and laundry
- Supporting with medication
- Supporting and encouraging people to find opportunities in education, employment and leisure, and enable them to take part in these opportunities
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As Disability Confident Leaders , we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application in one of our offices using assistive technology.
Or If you have any questions and would like to discuss the role in more detail, please call Rebecca Clements on 0300 3039004.
- OTE £20,683.88
- Support Worker