Female Support Worker
Start your day knowing you’ll make a difference - we are looking for Female Support Workers to join our team of Support Workers in Guilford and create a positive difference that improves life for the people we support.
Dimensions are seeking caring, interested and motivated Female Support Worker to provide support in a happy and busy service in Guildford Surrey based near to rail and bus stations.
The two young ladies we support live in a lovely house near Guildford High Street with free resident permit parking. The location is easily accessible by public transport.
The team provide support to two lively and busy young ladies in their early twenties in their 24 hour staffed home, supporting them with all their day to day tasks, laundry, health appointments, budgeting, meal planning and food shopping, ensuring their home is kept clean and maintained and social and leisure activities.
Both ladies work part time and have many activities and outings many interests, some of which staff support them to attend. Both enjoy drama, music and sporty activities.
If you enjoy planning meals, cooking and spending quality time with people supporting them to enjoy their days, this could be a job for you!
The team work on a rota of 2 long days plus 2 sleep in shifts and a half day with a hand over. Shifts can be flexible within the team and the needs of the two ladies.
We welcome you to visit us and find out more about our busy and exciting service.
"Gender is considered to be a genuine occupational requirement in accordance with paragraph 1 of Schedule 9 of the Equality Act 2010."
Sharing in our Values
We pride ourselves on being a values based employer. That means we believe passionately in:
Ambition- helping people be the best they can be by:
- Setting personalised and challenging goals.
- Teaching new skills and encouraging new experiences.
Courage - being brave enough to make a difference, by:
- Challenging what you feel is not in the best interest of the person you are supporting.
- Championing what they want to achieve for themselves - and helping to make it happen.
- Helping the people we support to explore new things - and supporting them to realise what they can achieve.
- Giving confidence to people in reaching their goals and not being afraid of new challenges.
- Inspiring innovation and supporting the courage to be creative.
Integrity - being honest and fair in all the things we do, by:
- Communicating clearly - adapting what you say and how you say it, so that it’s meaningful for the person you’re supporting.
- Exercising confidentiality when dealing with vulnerable adults - for example, when managing financial and personal details.
Partnership - working with other people to make a bigger difference, by:
- Understanding the varying needs and requirements of people with disabilities.
- Developing positive working relationships with those involved in Dimensions – including those we support, their families and carers, your internal colleagues and external agencies.
- Working as part of a team.
Respect - treating everyone fairly and knowing that everyone’s voice is important, by:
- Sharing our commitment to Equal Opportunities for all.
- Treating all people with dignity and respect.
Those are the qualities that you’ll need to join the team - they’re beliefs shared by everyone who works with us.
If you think this is the right role for you, come and make a difference to people’s lives, every working day!
A full list of rewards can be found in the job description attached
If you have any questions and would like to discuss the role in more detail, please call Manager’s name on Manager’s tel. no
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As disability confident leaders, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application in one of our offices using assistive technology.
- OTE £9,796.56
- Support Worker