Female Support Worker
Dimensions is proud to be one of very few social care organisations that are members of the Great Places To Work programme 2019.
Start your day knowing you’ll make a difference - we are looking for a female to join our team of Support Workers in Houghton Regis and create a positive difference that improves life for the people we support.
We are looking for a Support Worker to cover maternity leave for an initial period of six months with the possibility of an extension.
You will be supporting a lady for 37.5 hours over a week within a team of 4. You will work a rota pattern of shifts including 7:30-15:00 and 14:30-22:00. Flexibility is essential and the role includes working evenings, weekends and bank holidays when required. She lives on her own and has staff with her at all times apart from overnight.
You will support her to clean her home, prepare her meals and ensure that she follows her daily routines. Routine is very important to her and she has set activities that she likes to do on certain days both in and out of her home. You will also be required to administer some medication and ensure that accurate finance records are kept.
The house is close to public transport links and plenty of parking is available.
"Gender is considered to be a genuine occupational requirement in accordance with paragraph 1 of Schedule 9 of the Equality Act 2010."
A full list of rewards can be found in the job description attached
If you have any questions and would like to discuss the role in more detail, please call Ella Lockwood on 07917 052136
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As disability confident leaders, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application in one of our offices using assistive technology.
- We now have British Sign Language (BSL) translated videos for all of our recruitment communications.
- Support Worker