Floating Support Worker
Floating Support Worker
6-8 single person services all with varying needs and ages
Full-time and part-time
24 – 37.5 hour contracts
Driving Licence, Own Car & Business Insurance are essential
Are you wanting a career that allows you to grow and develop, whilst also making a positive difference in the lives of others? Are you looking for variety in your role?
We’re currently supporting people with learning disabilities and autism in the S4, S6 and S8 areas of Sheffield and we’re looking for some fantastic local people to join us!
Your role will require you to work across the different locations supporting people with a range of needs, ensuring that you are providing everyone with the same consistently high standards of care, and person-centred support.
You will be supporting people with aspects of their daily routines, engaging in their interests and encouraging participation in a range of activities which often include sensory engagement, crafts, films and music. In a typical shift you may:
- Help people to learn the skills they need to live the life they choose
- Assist with personal care
- Support people with shopping and housework, including cleaning and laundry
- Assist with medication
- Support and encourage people to find opportunities in education, employment and leisure, and enable them to take part in these opportunities
We are looking for people who are fully flexible to work a range of shifts on a 7-day rota. Shifts can include long days, earlies, lates, sleep ins, waking nights, weekends and your share of bank holidays.
We recruit based on values so whilst previous experience is always welcome, it’s certainly not essential as full training and support to obtain qualifications will be provided.
If you have any further questions and would like to discuss the role in more detail, please call Lotty on 07760 990 528.
To see how you will be rewarded for your hard work and commitment, please see the attached job description which details the full list of employee benefits.
At Dimensions we’re proud to be one of very few social care organisations that are members of the Great Places to Work programme 2019 & 2020.
You can find out more about the role and Dimensions via the attached job description and person specification.
To apply, please click on the button below.
Applications will be shortlisted on receipt and interviews will be held until the posts are filled.
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As Disability Confident Leaders, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application in one of our offices using assistive technology
- We now have British Sign Language (BSL) translated videos for all of our recruitment communications
In response to the unprecedented events we are currently experiencing due to the spread of Coronavirus COVID-19, at this time we will be conducting our interviews via video calls
- Support Worker