Floating Support Worker
Floating Support Workers in Bristol - Driving Licence is required for this position.
Dimensions is an award winning, life changing, not-for-profit charity which promotes independence for every individual. We pride ourselves on being a values-based employer and if you are looking for a career in care – there couldn’t be anything more rewarding.
Dimensions will provide all the training, guidance and support you need to complete your care certificate and further qualifications.
We support people with learning disabilities and autism, with challenging behaviour, personal care, epilepsy, complex needs and much more.
The role will involve:
- Helping people learn the skills they need to live the life they choose
- Personal care
- You will need to have a full Driver's licence - mileage and reasonable travel time is payable.
- Support with shopping, housework including cleaning and laundry
- Supporting with medication
- Assistance with attending Doctor's and dental appointments
- Supporting out in the community - attending clubs, theatres, cinema, swimming, bowling etc
- encouraging regular contact with families & friends
- Manual handling.
The role will involve reporting directly to the Resource Manager, travelling within a defined geographical location, working in a range of services covering for staff vacancies, annual leave, training and sickness
Shift patterns - Flexible availability and willingness - Shifts can vary depending on the people we support's needs. This could mean working shifts between the hours of 7 am to 10 pm. There could also be the occasional sleep-in.
Whilst our shift patterns are wide and varied, which calls for a level of flexibility, we guarantee regular rotas to be made available at least one month in advance.
For more information about the service and people we support, please contact Gerald Padfield on 07384215565.
A full list of rewards can be found in the job description attached
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As Disability Confident Leaders , we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application in one of our offices using assistive technology.
- Support Worker