This is a permanent Floating (Peripatetic) Support Worker role offering an increased rate of £10.60 per hour in and around the Bromsgrove area. Various contractual hours available.
No two days will be the same and this is something that we can promise. Being a part of our responsive team of floating support workers will enable you to be placed across the region in services that need you most.
Your role will involve you being part of a diverse team, with regular contact and liaison with your line manager. You will provide direct support to adults with learning disabilities and/or autism, in a range of living settings including supported living, residential, respite, domiciliary and outreach. We require candidates to be ambitious for the people we support and work with integrity and respect. You will promote their independence, ability of choice and to achieve.
You will receive comprehensive training including mandatory and service specific, alongside a 2 day induction to the service which will enable you to upskill yourself and positively enhance service delivery. With regular supervisions and team meetings it is our aim to achieve and embrace inclusion and partnership to work with others and make a bigger difference.
We have various shift patterns and contracts which include working some weekends, sleep ins (as required) and some bank holidays. This will be discussed with you during the interview process and you will be given scope around the flexibility required for this position.
Due to the geographical coverage, ability to drive would be preferred, but is not essential.
This is an exciting opportunity to work for one of the very few social care organisations that are members of the great places to work programme 2019, 2020 and 2021.
· Up to 30 days annual leave (including bank holidays)
· Life assurance
· Employee perks include discounted shopping, cinema, holidays and days out
· Full comprehensive training scheme with opportunities to progress your career with qualifications that are nationally recognised
· Dimensions is proud to be one of very few social care organisations that are members of the Great Places To Work programme 2019
· A full list of benefits can be found in the job description attached
For further information, please contact Melissa Greer on 07384894226.
· An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be met by Dimensions.
· We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce.
· As a Disability Confident Leaders, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
· As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application. Please contact the Resourcing Consultant Team on 0300 303 9019.