Health & Safety Advisor
In response to the unprecedented events we are currently experiencing due to the spread of Coronavirus COVID-19, at this time we will be conducting our interviews via video calls.
Dimensions is proud to be one of very few social care organisations that are members of the Great Places To Work programme.
The role benefits from being home based covering Somerset & Wales. Travel across the regions will be required.
The purpose of the role is to ensure the continuous improvement of all levels of health and safety within the Dimensions services and offices, through carrying out inspecting, Fire risk assessments, Investigations RIDDOR incidents, Insurance claims and advising managers within the Organisation.
Interview will take place on the 14th & 16th of December.
About the role
Your main duties will include:
- To assist in ensuring that health and safety systems support Dimensions Group staff in the delivery of services that are compliant with contract terms and statutory legislation.
- To support managers offering advice and support in developing health and safety plans to ensure the effective management and good practice with the maintenance of a safe and healthy working and living environments.
- To advise on the management of accidents and incidents in accordance with RIDDOR and other regulations and to provide support in the investigation of accidents and incidents where appropriate.
- To undertake audits, fire risk assessments and investigations for the services we support.
The successful applicant will have:
- A suitable health and safety qualification NEBOSH Certificate level minimum
- Be able to demonstrate a “can do” attitude
- A Fire Risk Assessor qualification and experience is desirable
- 30 days’ annual leave entitlement (including bank holidays)
- Staff discount shopping scheme ‘Rewarding Dimensions’
- Childcare Vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension scheme
- Long Service Awards
- Qualification scheme
- Employee recognition scheme 'Inspiring People'
- Discounted health and dental cover
- Life Assurance
- Bike to Work Scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
A full copy of the Job description and accountabilities are attached.
For more information visit www.dimensions-uk.org/careers
Or If you have any questions and would like to discuss the role in more detail, please call Trudy Clements on 07415 493234.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As Disability Confident Leaders , we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application in one of our offices using assistive technology.
- We now have British Sign Language (BSL) translated videos for all of our recruitment communications.
- Office Based Roles