In response to the unprecedented events we are currently experiencing due to the spread of Coronavirus COVID-19, at this time we will be conducting our interviews via video calls.
Dimensions is proud to be one of very few social care organisations that are members of the Great Places To Work programme.
Working closely with Dimensions business development and operations, the Housing Broker will support these teams to identify housing options for adults with learning disabilities and autism. Housing Brokers will provide expert advice to help colleagues identify the type and location of accommodation they are seeking and then accessing this accommodation via Local Authorities, Housing Associations, private landlords, property purchase and development and home ownership. The Housing Broker will identify and develop relationships with landlords to improve access to accommodation.
The role can be home or office based and travel will be required across a geographical area at least once a week.
Although the location of this role is listed as Sheffield, the base can be anywhere within reasonable commuting distance of one of our regional offices. (West, North and Wales).
A list of Dimensions offices - https://portal.dimensions-uk.org/dtmfiles/content/docs/map_of_offices.pdf
About the role
Your main duties will include:
- Raise awareness, provide advice and offer creative solutions on a full range of housing options to Dimensions colleagues and referring agencies on behalf of the people we support.
- Coordinate voids and nominations agreements and /or top up agreements for rent
- Support re-housing projects as agreed with care commissioners.
- Identify and establish a strong network and partnerships with a range of housing providers including Local Authorities, Housing Associations, private landlords, estate agents and developers.
- Maintain management information, provide reports and analysis to ensure compliance with internal expectations and to meet contract requirements.
- Contribute to a team approach to work that is responsive to the needs of colleagues.
The successful applicant will have:
- Experience of delivering housing options to people in housing need.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of relevant legislation, best practice and key operational issues in the delivery of supported living and registered care services
- A knowledge of welfare benefits particularly Housing Benefits/Universal Credit.
- Experience of working in partnership with a range of organisations to develop services and meet contractual requirements.
- Up to 35 days’ annual leave entitlement (including bank holidays)
- Staff discount shopping scheme ‘Rewarding Dimensions’
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension scheme
- Long Service Awards
- Qualification scheme
- Employee recognition scheme 'Inspiring People'
- Discounted health and dental cover
- Life Assurance
- Bike to Work Scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
For more information visit www.dimensions-uk.org/careers
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As Disability Confident Leaders , we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application in one of our offices using assistive technology.
- We now have British Sign Language (BSL) translated videos for all of our recruitment communications.
- Office Based Roles