Lead Support Worker
Lead Support Worker
Full-time - 37.5 hours
Are you experienced in supporting adults with learning disabilities? Join our innovative team based in Houghton Regis where you can lead by example, enjoying an excellent training programme, strong career progression - and deliver outstanding support through the unique ‘Activate’ model, proven to make a measurable difference to people’s lives and your professional satisfaction.
The Dimensions team supports two men living in their own home within a small complex of five individual homes. They enjoy a variety of activities including basketball, snooker, bowling, trains and going to the zoo. One of the men also has a voluntary job in a community cafe run by people with learning disabilities. A lead support worker is expected to lead and motivate the team as well as overseeing specific tasks within the service and delegating where appropriate. You will be required to work flexibly on a rota, the shift pattern is 7:30-3, 10:30-4 and 2:30-10. Sleep ins are not currently required. The location is easily accessible by public transport and parking is available.
In response to the unprecedented events we are currently experiencing due to the spread of Coronavirus COVID-19, at this time we will be conducting our interviews via video calls
Dimensions is proud to be one of very few social care organisations that are members of the Great Places To Work programme.
Please see the full job description attached for more information about the role.
For a full list of rewards, visit our careers page at www.dimensions-uk.org/careers
If you have any questions and would like to discuss the role in more detail please call Ella Lockwood on 07917 052136
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As Disability Confident Leaders , we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application in one of our offices using assistive technology.
- We now have British Sign Language (BSL) translated videos for all of our recruitment communications.
- Support Worker