Lead Support Worker
In response to the unprecedented events we are currently experiencing due to the spread of Coronavirus COVID-19, at this time we will be conducting our interviews via video calls
Dimensions is proud to be one of very few social care organisations that are members of the Great Places To Work programme.
Are you experienced in supporting adults with learning disabilities? Join our innovative team based in Newbury where you can lead by example, enjoying an excellent training programme, strong career progression - and deliver outstanding support through the unique ‘Activate’ model, proven to make a measurable difference to people’s lives and your professional satisfaction.
The Dimensions team supports five men in Newbury. They enjoy daily activities such as cooking, shopping, cinema, walking and gardening. Some need support with their personal care tasks and administering medication and finances, and one is very independent with this and needs minimal support. There is a separate bedroom for support workers who are required to stay overnight and you will be part of a team that works flexibly on a rota. We try to work every other weekend but you will be needed to cover when other staff are on annual leave. The shifts are from 7am to 230pm and 230pm to 10pm and a minimum of one sleep in per week. You do not need to drive but a car with business insurance would be a great help, you will be able to claim mileage expenses.
For a full list of rewards, visit our careers page at www.dimensions-uk.org/careers
If you have any questions and would like to discuss the role in more detail please call Locality Manager Lisa Landau on 07795062333
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As Disability Confident Leaders , we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application in one of our offices using assistive technology.
- We now have British Sign Language (BSL) translated videos for all of our recruitment communications.
- Support Worker