New Year, New Opportunity!
We are now recruiting for a Lead Support Worker for our two services in the Welwyn Garden City and St Albans Area.
You will need to work confidently alone and in a variety of settings with people who have a learning disability and or autism, their circle of support, and potential and existing partners. Being able to problem solve and communicate effectively are therefore vital.
Why join us?
Dimensions are committed to developing skills and rewarding our staff. We offer:
- Competitive salary.
- 30 days annual leave entitlement (including bank holidays), rising to 35 days.
- Pensions, including a money purchase scheme with employee and employer contributions.
- A generous sick pay scheme.
- The opportunity of flexible working.
- 10% enhancement for working overtime.
- Sleep-in payments of £37.00 available in addition to basic pay.
- Paid training with financial bonuses for completion of awards and diplomas.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a leading provider of support to adults with learning disabilities across two of our outreach services in Hertfordshire, where you will have access to an excellent training programme, strong career progression and the opportunity to deliver outstanding support.
It’s your role to ensure that the people you are supporting are living the lives they choose and on a day-to-day basis.
Must be I.T proficient as all records are managed electronically, be able to travel and work flexibly to meet people’s needs. You will be part of a team that meets regularly and will also have support from colleagues and the managers.
Applicants must have a valid full driving licence with access to their own car.
Lead Support Worker Role:
- Develop effective community links and networks to support and encouraging people to access work, volunteering and a full breadth of opportunities to gain citizenship skills and become involved in their communities independently to meet their own identified ambitions.
- Working in a supportive manner with colleagues, families and external parties, building trust by being open and honest.
- To understand each person’s interests, preferences, abilities and support needs and to facilitate and co-ordinate the person-centred planning process.
- To work collaboratively with partner organisations promoting Dimensions values and objectives.
- Support the people we support with their personal care and administration of medication when required.
- You will have to keep some written records, using IT systems as required to help you, including support plans, financial information and health and safety records.
- Complete timely reviews and respond quickly to requests of support from the people we support, employer or family / circle of support to ensure that the outcomes identified are achieved.
- Be able and willing to wear all necessary PPE (personal protective equipment) such as surgical face masks, gloves and aprons as required by Dimensions policies.
This list is not exhaustive, for the full job description and person specification please review the attached document.
Who we are
Dimensions exists to help each person we support to live a fulfilling life, to be equal in society and to be active in his or her local community. That’s a big deal. It means being able to have choice and control in life. It means choosing to go out or to stay in, making friends and having relationships, finding and developing skills and interests. It also means managing a home, voting, staying healthy and being able to pursue employment or volunteering opportunities. If you think you can help the people we support get more from life, in a direct support or office based role, we want to hear from you.
If you have any questions and would like to discuss the role in more detail please call the recruitment team on 0300 303 9150
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As Disability Confident Leaders , we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application. Please contact the Resourcing Consultant Team on 03003039150.
- We now have British Sign Language (BSL) translated videos for all of our recruitment communications.