Lead / Senior Support Worker
£11.62 per hour
37.5 hours per week
Full driving licence and access to a vehicle is essential.
Our sector-leading package of colleague benefits really builds up. Your benefits can be work up to £1,220 per year.
- 30 days annual leave entitlement (including bank holidays), rising to 35 days
- Pensions, including a money purchase scheme with employee and employer contributions
- An occupational sick pay scheme
- The opportunity for flexible working
- Discounts and cashback on shopping through rewarding Dimensions
- £500 bonus for recommending a friend to work for us if they're employed
We are recruiting for a Lead/ Senior Support Worker to join our brand new supported living service in Stowmarket, Suffolk.
As a lead/ senior support worker, you will will assist the locality manager and assistant locality manager in maintaining a high quality of support, acting as a role practitioner, coaching and mentoring support workers and relief support workers to ensure the people supported achieve the outcomes identified within their support plans. No two days will be the same, you will enjoy variety and assist people in the following ways:
- Fully understand the support needs of the people you support and their families, maintain appropriate records for these two groups, and be a role model of good practice.
- Promote Active Support and complete possibility analyses around all of the Activate domains (we will teach you how to do this).
- Participate as appropriate in relevant reviews at individual, team and service level and work to continually improve practice whilst challenging poor practice.
- Coach front line staff to develop the skills they need to deliver the best possible support, and provide meaningful and mindful feedback to members of the team.
- Involve the people we support in the planning of their support. This includes developing and delivering their support plan, reviewing the support they receive against Dimensions’ values and maintaining good working relations with their circle of support.
- Support people with their personal and intimate care as required. This includes supporting people to use the toilet, dress themselves, eat and drink, etc.
- Help people learn the skills they need to live the life they choose.
We’re looking for people who can work a combination of shifts across weekdays, weekends and your share of the bank holidays. At Dimensions, we value work / life balance and as such, you will receive your rota 4 weeks in advance.
Dimensions provides evidence-based, outcomes-focussed support including sector leading positive behaviour support for people with learning disabilities, autism and complex needs. We help the people we support to be actively involved in their communities. Don't miss out on a great opportunity and Apply now!
Applications will be shortlisted on receipt and interviews will be held until the posts are filled.
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As Disability Confident Leaders , we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application. Please contact the Resourcing Consultant Team on 03003039150.
- We now have British Sign Language (BSL) translated videos for all of our recruitment communications.