Are you experienced in supporting adults with learning disabilities in a supported living or residential care setting? Join our innovative locality in Newbury, where you can lead by example, enjoying an excellent training programme, strong career progression - and deliver outstanding support through the unique ‘Activate’ model, proven to make a measurable difference to people’s lives and your professional satisfaction.
If you share our values this is a superb opportunity to join us as an Lead Support Worker in Newbury, providing day-to-day support to your Locality Manager, gaining expertise and experience working across five supported living homes and supporting fourteen people with varied disabilities, including epilepsy, autism, and positive behaviour support.
Dimensions is proud to be one of very few social care organisations that are accredited by the Great Places to Work programme.
This is a full time position of 37.5 hours per week and we do work on a rotational basis, details of the rota pattern will be discussed at interview.
Full UK driving licence and access to a vehicle is essential due to the nature of the role.
If you have any questions and would like to discuss the role in more detail please call Tracey on 07944 636373 or click below to submit short application.
Applications will be shortlisted on receipt and interviews will be held until the posts are filled.
- A competitive payrate of £10.56 per hour
- up to 35 days paid Annual Leave (including public holidays – pro rata)
- Opportunities for career progression
- High Street Discounts – Retail and Entertainment (supermarkets, hospitality, pubs, cinema etc.)
- Life Assurance and Company Pension
- Industry leading training
- Enhanced DBS paid for by us
A full list of rewards can be found in the job description attached
Activities you might be involved with include:
- Supporting the Assistant Manager and Locality Manager with management duties
- Maintain high quality support, acting as a role practitioner, coaching and mentoring support workers
- Participate in relevant reviews at individual, team and service level
- Contribute and coordinate the wider team approach in meeting the needs of the people we support
- Enabling independence by assisting with day-to-day tasks (this will include finances, shopping, cooking, manual handling & personal care)
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As disability confident leaders, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training, and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application. Please contact the Resourcing Consultant Team on 03003039150
- We now have British Sign Language (BSL) translated videos for all our recruitment communications.