Are you a passionate and ambitious carer or support worker looking to take the next steps in your care career? Maybe you're a compassionate and aspiring person; a natural-born leader resolute on gaining a richly rewarding career in the adult care sector? No matter your background, experience or qualifications, if you sincerely love or want to support and empower others, and you're determined to make a positive impact in the lives of those with learning disabilities and/or autism in your local community, then we'd love for you to apply to become our newest Lead Support Worker based in Trowbridge.
Your main responsibility:
You'll be required to support, empower, and encourage the people who welcome us into their lives, and in Trowbridge, these wonderful people are "Sam" and "Ashley". You'll embolden and inspire them to live rich, fulfilling lives; their best lives - the lives that they choose. You'll achieve this by being actively - and enthusiastically - involved in every aspect of their daily lives, as well as providing them when required with full personal care, meal, and mobility assistance.
"Sam" requires mobility assistance (as they have cerebral palsy), plus support with meals (they are nil-by-mouth and require PEG feeding), and they do require full personal care. "Ashley" has severe epilepsy and Dandy Walker syndrome, but this doesn't dampen their spirits; they enjoy going out with friends, playing skittles, attending Zumba classes, playing pool, and visiting the theatre. Whilst at home, "Ashley" enjoys playing dominos and their Wii.
Both "Sam" and "Ashley" have access to manual mobility vehicles, so, if you're a driver with a manual license, they'd absolutely love it if you would take them out and about so that they can live their lives to the fullest!
You'll also be responsible for:
- Co-producing and designing personalised support plans in partnership with the people we support, their families and your colleagues
- Write and maintain other written records (i.e., risk assessments, observations, financial records, etc.)
- Be actively involved in team meetings - being a voice for those who are unable to attend
- Act as a role model - you'll meaningfully coach, mentor, support, and inspire your colleagues to help and encourage them to reach their full potential
For more information about this full-time role; our shifts, and for more details about "Sam" and "Ashley", please contact Kate Loader on email@example.com
- Sincerity - you demonstrate a genuine interest in - and a passion for - supporting others
- Ambition - you're keen to continue with your personal and professional development, and you see challenges as affirmative opportunities to learn and grow
- Professionalism - you always act with courage, respect, and integrity. You demonstrate an ability to stay calm and you work well under pressure
- Positivity - you boast an upbeat attitude, and you demonstrate resilience and champion compassion, empathy, and patience
- Partnership - you have excellent communication skills, strong interpersonal talents, and have an ability to work well within a close-knit team
- Leadership - you are a natural-born leader who loves helping others achieve their goals by being a hands-on inspiration
Why join Dimensions?
- We will help you become the best - we provide on-going, fully-funded training to help you achieve your professional goals and personal ambitions
- No lengthy, expensive commute - we provide support to people in their own homes, so, with our Lead Support Worker roles, there's no long, arduous and costly travel required!
- We offer a wonderful workplace culture where well-being, inclusivity and on-going support are championed and where diversity is celebrated
- All of our colleagues are just like you; passionate, personable, and supportive!
- We offer plenty of generous rewards to show we value - and are proud of - our colleagues. We also provide the flexibility needed for our teams to have a superb work-life balance as well as genuine career opportunities, colleague benefits, and regular employee recognition awards.
Apply now or share this vacancy with someone who you think would make an amazing Lead Support Worker! Click the apply button or email a cover letter and CV to Dan Allsopp on firstname.lastname@example.org
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As Disability Confident Leaders , we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application. Please contact the Resourcing Consultant Team on 03003039150.
- We now have British Sign Language (BSL) translated videos for all of our recruitment communications.