Are you a highly motivated care professional looking to take the next step with a leading not-for-profit provider in the UK?Do you want to join an organisation built on innovation, with a 20-year track record of progressing professional careers and making a positive difference to people’s lives?
We’re looking for a new Locality Manager (Area Service Manager) to join our team, report into the Operations Director for the Bournemouth - taking responsibility for the day to day running of our complex service supporting a young man. Are you an exceptional professional who shares our values in putting the people we support at the centre of our care? Leading by example and providing excellent support to people with learning disabilities and autism, this is your opportunity to ensure the designated service(s) meet all organisational and statutory requirements and that the service(s) are delivered in compliance with Care Quality Commission Guidelines (CQC), Care & Social Services Inspectorate Wales (CSSIW) and Dimensions’ Minimum standards, Policies and Procedures.
About the role
- Ensure person-centred care plans and health action plans are regularly reviewed and implemented
- Ensure the health and wellbeing of the people we support, in line with CQC/CSSIW Guidelines and Dimensions' policies
- Deliver effective risk assessments and emergency plans to ensure the people we support are safe
- Make sure your staff team are appropriately trained and motivated to provide high quality support
- Ensure the service meets all organisational and statutory requirements and complies with Care Quality Commission Guidelines and our own standards, policies and procedures
- Make sure complaints are dealt with in line with our policies
Most importantly, you want to make a difference to the lives of people with learning disabilities or autism. To do that, you’ll have:
- A strong background in working with adults with learning disabilities and/or autism
- Experience of managing supported living services or similar - and be familiar with performance management processes
- Up to date knowledge of the personalisation agenda and Active Support
- Completed, or be willing to undertake, Management Development training
Beyond those qualities, you’ll also be:
- An excellent communicator, looking to mentor and motivate your team to provide person-centred support
- Able to prioritise your workload, delegate tasks and meet deadlines
- Focused on the needs of internal and external customers, from the people we support, right through to your team and other members of the organisation
For more information visit www.dimensions-uk.org/careers
If you have any questions or would like to discuss the role in more detail, please call Carmel Knight on 07785 515196.
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- We welcome applications from people from Black, Asian and Ethnic Minority backgrounds.
- As Disability Confident Leaders , we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application in one of our offices using assistive technology.
- Support Worker