Male Support Worker
Start your day knowing you’ll make a difference - we are looking for enthusiastic, motivated and pro-active Male Support Workers to join our team in Worcester who can make a positive difference that improves life for the people we support.
The Dimensions team supports one gentlemen and four women in the Green Hill area of Worcester and they enjoy a range of community and in house activities such as Hydrotherapy, music, arts & crafts, theatre, concerts and gigs, any activity involving animals large or small, attending church, sensory sessions in house to name just a few!!
Four of the people we support are wheelchair users and due to health needs require support all of the time. Staff would need to support with personal care needs, eating and drinking, moving and assisting, specialist support around individuals health needs and actively supporting the individuals with all their life choices. One lady only requires minimal support with finances, accessing the community and support with maintaining her living space within the service.
There is a separate bedroom for Support Workers who are required to stay overnight; and you’ll be part of a team that works flexibly on a rota. The location is easily accessible by public transport and has parking available.
"Gender is considered to be a genuine occupational requirement in accordance with paragraph 1 of Schedule 9 of the Equality Act 2010."
Sharing in our Values
We pride ourselves on being a values based employer. That means we believe passionately in:
Ambition- helping people be the best they can be by:
- Setting personalised and challenging goals.
- Teaching new skills and encouraging new experiences.
Courage - being brave enough to make a difference, by:
- Challenging what you feel is not in the best interest of the person you are supporting.
- Championing what they want to achieve for themselves - and helping to make it happen.
- Helping the people we support to explore new things - and supporting them to realise what they can achieve.
- Giving confidence to people in reaching their goals and not being afraid of new challenges.
- Inspiring innovation and supporting the courage to be creative.
Integrity - being honest and fair in all the things we do, by:
- Communicating clearly - adapting what you say and how you say it, so that it’s meaningful for the person you’re supporting.
- Exercising confidentiality when dealing with vulnerable adults - for example, when managing financial and personal details.
Partnership - working with other people to make a bigger difference, by:
- Understanding the varying needs and requirements of people with disabilities.
- Developing positive working relationships with those involved in Dimensions – including those we support, their families and carers, your internal colleagues and external agencies.
- Working as part of a team.
Respect - treating everyone fairly and knowing that everyone’s voice is important, by:
- Sharing our commitment to Equal Opportunities for all.
- Treating all people with dignity and respect.
Those are the qualities that you’ll need to join the team - they’re beliefs shared by everyone who works with us.
If you think this is the right role for you, come and make a difference to people’s lives, every working day!
A full list of rewards can be found in the job description attached
If you have any questions and would like to discuss the role in more detail, please call Jill Mitchell on 07534 636982.
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As disability confident leaders, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application in one of our offices using assistive technology.
- OTE £20,474.46
- Support Worker