Male Support Worker
Start your day knowing you’ll make a difference - we are looking for Male Support Workers to join our team of Support Workers in Walton on the Naze and create a positive difference that improves life for the people we support.
We are looking for Male Support Workers who share our values and can support someone to have the life they want to live. The Dimensions team supports one gentleman in Walton On The Naze in his own home, he attends weekly activities and likes being out in the community playing bowling, crazy golf etc. He also enjoys relaxing at home watching tv, listening to music, cooking and baking. He interacts well with his staff. He enjoys being around people who has a good sense of humour and who are confident. This gentleman can at time present with some challenging behaviour and complex needs. You will be provided with full mandatory training plus service specific training around the behaviour. There’s a separate bedroom for Support Workers who are required to stay overnight. You’ll be part of a team that works flexibly on a rota, this includes working some weekends and some bank holidays.
To be considered for this positions you will need to hold a full UK/EU driving licence.
The location is easily accessible by public transport and has parking available for those Support Workers who drive.
"Gender is considered to be a genuine occupational requirement in accordance with paragraph 1 of Schedule 9 of the Equality Act 2010."
Dimensions are one of the country’s largest not-for-profit companies supporting people with learning difficulties, autism, challenging behaviour and complex needs. At Dimensions we offer the following benefits to our employees:
- Up to 30 days annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Free driving Lessons and your first practical and theory test paid for
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Employee perks to include discounted Cinema, shopping vouchers, holidays and days out
- Employee Assistance helpline and support for yourself and family
- Life Insurance pay out of 2 x your annual salary
- Full comprehensive training scheme with opportunities to progress your career with qualifications that are nationally recognised
All we need to see from you is that you share our company values (found on our website).
If you have any questions and would like to discuss the role in more detail, please call Katie Neil on 07939570825.
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As disability confident leaders, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application in one of our offices using assistive technology.
- OTE £21,823.79
- Support Worker