Male Support Worker
Start your day knowing you’ll make a difference - join our team of Support Workers in Potter Heigham and create a positive difference that improves life for the people we support. We have full and part time male roles and you will need to be a driver.
Hi, we are three very active males supported by Dimensions.
We live in Potter Heigham and are looking for people to join our team and support us in our home. Our families are very important to us and we visit when possible, although most contact is made by phone or email. We like to have a structured week, within which we participate in our favourite activities such as playing snooker, doing woodwork, visiting shops to buy things, having coffee out, going out for meals, country walks, to the beach, finding new places and going out in our cars or on the bus.
We enjoy traditional home-cooked food such as casseroles, pies, fry ups, curries, lasagna, Sunday roast, BBQ’s and the occasional take-away. We like to assist with cooking and food preparation in the kitchen. When at home we like to watch TV, especially Sky TV Sports, football, snooker and films. We like music and have varied tastes. Two of us like to play on our pool table and we are very good! We also like to complete our chores: putting out the bins, hoovering, loading the dishwasher and cleaning the bathrooms.
We all like to make choices within a structured context, such as choosing our clothes for the day, what to eat and what activities to do.
- In the future we would like to connect in the community more and would like to see what other regular events there are. We have each built up good relationships with shop owners and staff in the local village, Stalham and Great Yarmouth.
- We each have a learning disability. One of us also has autism and needs to be supported with routines in the morning.
- Two of us have our own vehicles and would need our support team to have a full UK Driver’s Licence. This would be to drive us to places in our vehicles.
- We require 24/7 support with a sleep in shift at our home. We have 1:1 support to access the community.
It’s ok if our Support Workers don't like all of our activities, as long as you are enthusiastic to support us. We all have different activities on a daily basis and you never know, you might find that you enjoy them!
If you share Dimensions values you’ll have the opportunity to meet me as it’s important we’re a good match for each other. It doesn’t matter if you haven’t worked as a Support Worker before, as Dimensions will give you paid accredited training throughout your career, plus bonus payments when you complete your qualifications.
"Gender is considered to be a genuine occupational requirement in accordance with paragraph 1 of Schedule 9 of the Equality Act 2010."
Or If you have any questions and would like to discuss the role in more detail, please call Ricky White on 07733310036.
A full list of rewards can be found in the job description attached
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As disability confident leaders, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application in one of our offices using assistive technology.
- We now have British Sign Language (BSL) translated videos for all of our recruitment communications.
- Support Worker