Male Support Worker - Flexible Hours
Are you looking for a new challenge where you can make a real difference? Join us and become part of our team of Support Workers in a brand new service opening in Saltdean soon.
Outreach 3 Way is part of Dimensions, one of the largest support providers for people with learning disabilities and people with autism in the country. We are in the process of developing a specialised bespoke support service for a gentlemen, ‘John’, with autism and complex behavioural needs.
‘John’ is a very active person who loves to get outside and enjoys long walks along the coastal paths, visiting parks/woods, he also loves swimming and other activities. You will need to have a calm, quiet approach and enjoy building ‘John's’ independence at home, as well as pursuing a range of interests including trampolining and be willing to explore new /other activities.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a ground-breaking new service and have a real impact on the lives of the person you will be supporting.
We have full time, part time and relief hours available.
"Gender is considered to be a genuine occupational requirement in accordance with paragraph 1 of Schedule 9 of the Equality Act 2010."
About the role
- The staff rota will require shift working - weekends, bank holidays, waking nights and on-call cover
- You will support ‘John’ with consistent routines based on clear guidance and understanding of the needs.
- You will need to have full knowledge of his needs, wishes and expectations.
- A good communicator with an assured communication style
- Confident in working with people who display challenging behaviours
- Patience and tolerance to help manage anxieties (with training support)
- A reliable, trustworthy team player able to accommodate a flexible rota
- Committed to helping people achieve positive outcomes in their lives
You will have
- Experience in supporting people with complex behaviour and autism, or the willingness to learn
- Experience of using Makaton and PECS to communicate, or the willingness to learn
- The ability to retain information and implement agreed strategies to ensure consistent care provision
We will provide
- All specialist training giving you the tools to perform the role to the best of your ability in what will be a challenging but rewarding role
- A sector leading benefits package including tax free childcare vouches, in store discounts plus many more benefits
Want to apply for this role?
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you. Please apply via our website www.dimensions-uk.org/careers. Or, for more information on the role, contact Shona Chamberlain on 07908470089 or send your CV to email@example.com.
- Support Worker