Male Support Worker
Location - Wolverhampton
Hourly rate - £9.20 per hour
Hours - full time - 37.5 hours and Waking Nights.
Full Driving Licence essential
We are looking for resilient and compassionate Male Support Workers. You will be supporting people with severe autism, mental health issues and behaviours that distress. We offer full-time, part-time and relief contracts to suit you along with fantastic benefits, training, qualifications and a great team environment.
We support 6 gentlemen in their 30s living in a block of flats in the Bilston area. They like going to the cinema, local disco, shopping, bowling and day trips. We also support them with their health appointments and maintaining relationships with their family and friends.
Qualities desired to be successful in this role:
- Ability to think on your feet
- Resilience and Motivation
- Good communication skills to manage complex situations
- Ability to support people with severe autism and behaviours that challenge
- Be a driver with full UK Drivers Licence.
It is essential to have a full UK Drivers licence to be considered for this role due to the requirements of the people we support.
"Gender is considered to be a genuine occupational requirement in accordance with paragraph 1 of Schedule 9 of the Equality Act 2010."
If you would like to find out more information, please call Ramya Giri on 0300 303 9150 or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are passionate about investing in your training and career development. Our training covers essential skills and knowledge to provide support in line with the Care Certificate. Alongside our excellent training & qualifications programme, we also offer:
- Training time paid for
- Close-knit supportive team with excellent internal communication and regular team meetings
- Wellness programme
- No uniform and work in one location that helps you build meaningful working relationships
- Free enhanced DBS check
- Work place pension
- Access to award winning Aspire career development programme
- Employee recognition awards
- Upto 35 days annual leave
- Monthly pay on a set date
- Paid shadow shifts
- Free monthly review, appraisals and feedback
- £200 recommend a friend reward.
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role and if applicable an overseas DBS check, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As Disability Confident Leaders , we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application in one of our offices using assistive technology.
- We now have British Sign Language (BSL) translated videos for all of our recruitment communications.