Dimensions is proud to be one of very few social care organisations that are members of the Great Places To Work programme.
The role of the Personal Assistant is to work alongside our Health Equalities Lead to support him to carry out his day-to-day work and to undertake tasks as necessary in his absence.
The opportunity is fixed term until March 2022 when it will be reviewed, with the possibility of an extension.
The role will be based in our Colchester office but flexibility will be required and there may be some working in the Health Equality Lead’s home.
About the role
Your main duties will include:
- To support the Health Equalities Lead with reading, monitoring and responding to emails, and doing these things on their behalf where necessary.
- Support the Health Equalities Lead to organise his workload in way that works best for him and work at his own speed.
- Attend meetings and events where necessary. This will be as a PA, not a Support Worker.
- Support the Health Equalities Lead to prepare presentations to be delivered at conferences, workshops and seminars.
The successful applicant will have:
- Excellent communication skills, with high levels of English and the ability to write clearly and without jargon.
- An interest in the Health & Wellbeing of people with learning disabilities and autism.
- Flexible and able to adapt to new ways of working.
- Knowledge and understanding of the role of a Personal Assistant.
- Up to 35 days’ annual leave entitlement (including bank holidays)
- Staff discount shopping scheme ‘Rewarding Dimensions’
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension scheme
- Long Service Awards
- Qualification scheme
- Employee recognition scheme 'Inspiring People'
- Discounted health and dental cover
- Life Assurance
- Bike to Work Scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
For more information visit www.dimensions-uk.org/careers
Or If you have any questions and would like to discuss the role in more detail, please call Dave Robinson on 0777620 8794.
- An enhanced DBS disclosure is required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As Disability Confident Leaders , we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application in one of our offices using assistive technology.
- We now have British Sign Language (BSL) translated videos for all of our recruitment communications.
- Office Based Roles