Regional Scip Instructor
Dimensions are looking for a Regional SCIP Instructor to join our Regional Support Team. This role will provide professional support to the region; acting as a reliable source of information and advice on PROACT-SCIPr-UK® training requirements, processing all related administration within agreed timescales and providing excellent customer service.
The location of this role is flexible within the south region and will be based at one of our regional offices in the South.
(Travel will be required throughout the region - Crawley (Ifield) Portsmouth, Southampton, Ferndown, Weymouth, Bracknell & Newbury).
About the role
Your main duties will include:
- Cross referencing courses/training provided by Dimensions when delivering training and remaining up to date with the training provider’s materials.
- To be familiar and able to teach all the physical interventions from the curriculum
- To establish and maintain appropriate records and filing systems on behalf of the Region to capture PROACT-SCIPr-UK® information, including when refresher training is required.
- Complete risk assessments for the facilitation of training and staff that attend the course
- Ensuring good practice is applied with all aspects of PROACT-SCIPr-UK® training and facilitation.
The successful applicant will have:
- A minimum social care qualification or equivalent in behaviour support
- previous experience of supporting people who may challenge
- Experience of delivering training
- Good presentation and IT skills
- Solid understanding of the PROACT-SCIPr-UK® curriculum including why challenging behaviour occurs, how to use Positive Behaviour Support
- Willingness to travel
- Up to 35 days’ annual leave entitlement (including bank holidays)
- Staff discount shopping scheme ‘Rewarding Dimensions’
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension scheme
- Long Service Awards
- Qualification scheme
- Employee recognition scheme 'Inspiring People'
- Discounted health and dental cover
- Life Assurance
- Bike to Work Scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
For more information visit www.dimensions-uk.org/careers
- An enhanced DBS is required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As Disability Confident Leaders , we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application in one of our offices using assistive technology.
- Specialist Support