Relief Support Worker
Enjoy a flexible working life, making a positive difference to the lives of the people you support. Join our team of Relief Support Workers, fitting your working hours around your other life and family commitments.
We are in search of Relief Support Workers to join our team in Sheffield. Working as a Relief Support Worker provides you with the flexibility to inform us when you are available for work and can fit around other life, family or work commitments. You will be supporting across five services.
The Dimensions Approach to Support
Our unique “Activate” approach puts decision making closer to the people we support. It sets personalised and challenging goals with them, their families and you, their Support Worker - by teaching new skills and enabling people to try new experiences.
Research has proven that this progressive model is the best way to deliver measurable improvements in the quality of life for people - and you and your colleagues in their support teams. It achieves an increase in active support and meaningful activity for people, a reduction in challenging behaviour - and an increase in your own satisfaction, with over 60% of Support Workers reporting that the 'Activate’ model has increased the quality of their working life.
Simply put, our ‘Activate’ approach offers you a better working life, with the satisfaction that you’ve changed someone’s life for the better, in a role where you can be the best that you can be.
Sharing in our Values
We pride ourselves on being a values based employer. That means we believe passionately in:
Ambition- helping people be the best they can be by:
- Setting personalised and challenging goals.
- Teaching new skills and encouraging new experiences.
Courage - being brave enough to make a difference, by:
- Challenging what you feel is not in the best interest of the person you are supporting.
- Championing what they want to achieve for themselves - and helping to make it happen.
- Helping the people we support to explore new things - and supporting them to realise what they can achieve.
- Giving confidence to people in reaching their goals and not being afraid of new challenges.
- Inspiring innovation and supporting the courage to be creative.
Integrity - being honest and fair in all the things we do, by:
- Communicating clearly - adapting what you say and how you say it, so that it’s meaningful for the person you’re supporting.
- Exercising confidentiality when dealing with vulnerable adults - for example, when managing financial and personal details.
Partnership - working with other people to make a bigger difference, by:
- Understanding the varying needs and requirements of people with disabilities.
- Developing positive working relationships with those involved in Dimensions – including those we support, their families and carers, your internal colleagues and external agencies.
- Working as part of a team.
Respect - treating everyone fairly and knowing that everyone’s voice is important, by:
- Sharing our commitment to Equal Opportunities for all.
- Treating all people with dignity and respect.
Those are the qualities that you’ll need to join the team - they’re beliefs shared by everyone who works with us.
If you think this is the right role for you, come and make a difference to people’s lives, every working day!
A full list of rewards can be found in the job description attached
If being a Relief Support Worker sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you. Please read the attached job description and person specification. It then couldn’t be simpler - just click on the button below to complete the application process. Or If you have any questions and would like to discuss the role in more detail, please call Robert Sawyer on 07387419258.
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As Disability Confident Leaders , we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application in one of our offices using assistive technology.
- Support Worker